Established in 2001, the Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is an ECOSOC-accredited
NGO which is at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. At YES-Ghana, we work to realise a vision: a world where every young person has a real chance to benefit from and participate in the development processes at local, national and international levels. Our mission is to promote policies and develop initiatives that help youth succeed in becoming life-long learners, productive members of society, materially sufficient and self respecting citizens. Visit www.yesghana.org for more information.
The Finance & Administration Manager is a key member of the Management Team and is responsible for the sound planning and management of the organisation’s finances and operations with the aim of helping to achieve long term sustainability. He or she will play a critical role in managing resources effectively, internal & external reporting, as well as maximising the organisation’s results-based focus. He or she will also ensure that YES-Ghana’s income and expenditure are tightly controlled and in compliance with national statutory requirements, and that planning and management decision making are undertaken on the basis of sound financial information and advice. The Finance & Administration Manager will work in close collaboration with other managers and will be required to travel whenever necessary to achieve institutional objectives.
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of all finance and accounting activities, including responsibility for financial & management reporting, donor reporting, designing and implementing systems of financial control throughout the organisation, budgeting and forecasting
- Responsible for the effective performance & control of all finance functions including cash receipts, billing & accounts receivable, cash disbursements & accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, grant/contract invoicing, bank reconciliations, cash flow, and preparation of financial statements
- Provide monthly and quarterly management reports, including financials and key metrics, to the Management Team and Board of Directors, including other reporting as required
- Develop systems for timely and accurate donor reporting that meet both donor and YES-Ghana reporting requirements
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual and quarterly budget development process in collaboration with the Management Team
- Provide regular, timely, accessible and needed information to the Management Team and guide and support them to take account of this to inform management decision making
- Ensure that optimal prices are achieved for the procurement of all goods and services and take overall responsibility for stock control and cost controls across the organisation
- Oversee the preparation of the annual audit, review of audit reports and preparation of tax reports and returns. Ensure the timely and accurate fulfillment of all statutory reporting requirements including audit, tax and company filing requirements: keeping up to date with relevant changes in labor laws and fiscal legislation and making sure that these are incorporated into YES-Ghana’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that the highest levels of internal controls are in place: minimising the potential risk to YES-Ghana’s assets by continuously monitoring standards and the adherence to these. Take action to improve these internal controls as necessary
- Report serious or inconsistent anomalies to the Executive Director
Administration & Human Resource
- Develop and maintain a modern system of documentation and file management
- Establish and operate efficient system of receipt, recording and distribution of mails
- Provide administrative backstopping for all projects of the organisation
- Office Management, ensuring a professional environment on a day-to-day basis
- Asset management, including keeping an asset register and other inventories, and ensuring proper labelling and maintenance of office equipment
- Upgrade the organisation’s HR policies and guidelines as needed
- Perform HR audits and identify training and development needs
- Facilitate organisational development projects and design intervention programmes
- Identify the company’s recruitment & selection needs and design strategies to address them
- Ensure compliance with all corporate HR policies
- Oversee employee orientation and employee relations
- Provide advice on compensation and benefits to the Management Team
- Perform other duties as requested by Executive Director
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Relevant academic/professional qualification
- Experience with bookkeeping and accounting practices
- Experience administering payroll and related income tax withholdings and benefits.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience maintaining financial filling systems and reporting documents
- Experience producing financial reports for internal and external purposes
- Experience working with Quick Books accounting software
- Experience procuring goods and services, and providing additional operations support
- Experience building teams and managing personnel
- High integrity and strong attention to detail.
- Strong financial, analytical and/or evaluative skills.
- Proven ability to establish priorities and to plan, organise, coordinate and monitor own work plan and provide advice and supervision to others.
- Resourcefulness, sound judgment and decision-making skills. Demonstrated sound judgment in resolving issues/problems.
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, project participants and partners, as well as others in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- High level of professional, people management and human relations skills.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Professional and independent working style, highly motivated and well-organised with the ability to work manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Professional demeanor; able to present a professional image of the organisation at all times.