Bank/Financial Institution located in Somanya, Volta, Ghana
Planning and Systems Development:- Develops and maintain an internal audit programme that provides for observation, monitoring, testing, and reporting on the status of the company’s adherence to its policies and procedures.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Prepares and develops the strategic and internal audit work plan according to existing risk profiles and the organisations business plans.
- Develops department operational budgets, including estimates for resources, training, travel and support of audit work. .
- Develops, updates, and maintains an internal audit manual with the appropriate files (permanent & temporary), working papers, checklists, clients reports and audit resources.
- Prepares the annual audit schedule for conducting an internal audit or evaluation’ of all areas of the company’s operations and branches, including adequate planning for internal control assessments, development of audit procedures, fieldwork, file review, special assignments, surprise audits, meetings and report writing.
Organises And Implements Audit Plans:
- Conducts field work according to work plans.
- Ensures all operational and other risks are continually reviewed in the course of Internal Audit work to ensure adherence to professional auditing standards.
- plans and performs spot-check / cross-checking of cash and/or loan meeting processes (disbursements and collections).
- Performs special examinations, procedures, and assignments at the request of management, BOD or staff. .
- Provides technical and administrative support (e.g., research and guidelines) to the audit committee, as needed.
Monitoring, Follow-Up, Evaluation And Reporting:
- Monitors previous audit recommendations.
- Provides recommendations to strengthen internal control systems improve policies and procedures and support the organisations risk management strategy.
- Provides audit reports to management and the BOD that document audit work conducted in accordance with professional standards of communication.
- Provides quarterly updates to the BOD audit committee on the status of audit recommendations and any areas that could be the cause of increasing risk to the organisation.
- conducts regular audit performance evaluations to ensure that audit activities add value to the work and activities of the organisation.
- submits annual internal audit accomplishments, issues, and challenges of the department and recommends actions to strengthen audit activity.
Relationship With Stakeholders:
- Coordinates with external auditors, bank supervisors and other external assessors and evaluators.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or the equivalent of education, training and work experience.
- At least (3) three years of internal audit experience or equivalent combination in a risk or control function in a Financial Institution (preferably savings & Loans or Rural Bank)
- Good networking, communication, diligence and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant professional certificates (i.e) ACCA, CIMA, CA-G) will be an advantage. .
- Good interpersonal Skills, including the ability to coach and train others.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willingness to travel to local provinces for audit, evaluation work, and other assignments.
How to Apply
Apply via post to the:
Yilo Star Microfinance ltd.
Box SA 272,
Or via email to: