Zormelo & Associates is made up of an outstanding team of highly experienced and qualified permanent staff and associates who together work to add value to clients′ businesses. What differentiates the company from others is its in-depth and excellent understanding of the Ghanaian and West African environment.
We have a reputation for practicality mixed with intellectual rigor, ensuring that what is implemented is practical and sustainable to clients. Tried and tested change management methodology is applied at every stage of the project cycle. Our approach is to understand your needs, give you a menu of solutions and work with you to apply the best interventions for your company.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Reporting to the Director, External Affairs and Social Performance, the jobholder will play a key role in helping manage the business’ reputation and ensuring alignment with key stakeholders. He /she supports the delivery of stakeholder engagement objectives through the deployment of the full range of communications activities, delivered in accordance with an agreed strategy and plan.The remit covers external and internal communications, including media relations, and branding. The post-holder also plays a key Investor Relations role and manages the emergency media response system, in conjunction with the EHS department.
- Builds the company’s brand nationally through active use of all media channels available.
- Delivers holistic communications strategies for audiences including media, the general public, investors and employees.
- Actively engages, both proactively and reactively, with the media to ensure appropriate management of issues affecting the company, both direct and indirect, acting as a senior spokesperson as necessary.
- Works closely with Group departments including Investor Relations & Communications and Safety, Sustainability and External Affairs to align messaging.
- Drafts communications such as press releases, speeches, publications or events to convey the desired company position.
- Contributes to company’s crisis communication policy and process, building and re-enforcing the company’s crisis media response capabilities and providing support on crisis media communication.
- Provides communications support and advice to the company’s Leadership Team to engage & align employees to the corporate vision and objectives.
- Advises and assists key departments to communicate effectively about their activities across the company, including identification of effective modalities and channels of communication and development of tailored messaging.
- Develops and implements effective Investor Relations communications strategies and campaigns.
- Facilitates private meetings and events with institutional and individual shareholders.
- Expands the Investor base and manages engagement with investors; delivers the annual Shareholder/ Investor Forum; and responds to emails/calls from analysts and investors.
- Supports internal and external requests for market-based feedback.
- Provides IR support, including drafting and issuance of press releases, and other legal /corporate communications.
- Undertakes structured and co-ordinated liaison with stakeholders / Investors based on sound research and analysis.
Leadership and General Management
- Provide strategic leadership for the Communications team to achieve its objectives through team empowerment and effective delegation, while contributing to the overall leadership of EASP and the achievement of business objectives.
- Develop and manage organisational capability, team development, and resourcing and succession strategies, with support from the Social Performance and SSEA functional leads in London, and the HR team.
- Deploy human resources according to business requirements and provide input into business planning processes/decisions as required (accounting for operational impacts and stakeholder impacts on the business objectives).
- Minimum First Degree in Social Sciences and/ Professional Qualification in Journalism. Master’s Degree in a related field will be ideal
- Minimum 10years of demonstrable experience of managing the Corporate Communications and/or Investor Relations function of a large or multinational company.
- Extensive work experience in mainstream media or in a role regularly handling both national and international press.
- Understanding and appreciation of corporate reputation issues affecting the extractive industries, including an ability to build a holistic picture of key risks as they affect individual operating companies.
- Politically non-partisan with significant contacts with key stakeholders in Ghana, including the media, NGOs, business and media, and strong networking skills. Familiar with and sensitive to Ghanaian customs and practices.
How to Apply
please send your application to email@example.com