Our client, Africa’s leading independent Oil and Gas exploration production company with diverse portfolio of assets across Africa as well as interests in Europe, South Asia and South America is seeking to fill the position of a Political Affairs and Policy Analyst for a one year fixed term contract.
The Government & Public Affairs function is responsible for identifying and managing political and policy risks associated with the business. It advises the Director of External Affairs & Social Performance on identified issues to ensure that they can be taken into account and managed in investment and operational decisions and actions throughout the project lifecycle.
The Political Affairs Analyst is responsible for the identification of emerging political and policy issues of potential relevance to the business and in order to mitigate business risk and supports the development of positions, responses and advocacy strategies to manage impacts.
- Works closely with the Business to highlight changes relating to political risks in operating environment and assists in the development of management strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Develops coherent and robust political, economic and social risk scenarios as input to Company’s strategic planning and external stakeholder management.
- Input to the Group Quarterly Political Risk Drivers Report, liaising with the Head of Political Risk.
- Develops relationships with relevant external political consultants, policy advisers, think tanks, etc. to build a network and provide information to the business on emerging/current political risks.
- Identify engagement opportunities and advise on these in the effort to manage political risks and deliver business objectives.
- Provide advice to the Director of External Affairs and Social Performance, and Government and Political Affairs Advisor on how emerging Ghanaian political risks will affect global business, and ensure that the relevant issues and Group positions/issues are taken into account in the development of external responses/engagement.
- Liaise with the Group Head of Political Risk and enable the leadership to effectively input to and leverage Group positions on political issues of global significance to the business.
- Maintains the highest standards of risk information management, including:-
- defining and prioritizing what the business needs to know;
- understanding where to acquire relevant information;
- collecting information in an ethical manner, using open sources, and according to the Code of Business Conduct, and
- packaging, analyzing and disseminating the information as required by Director External Affairs and Sustainability and Government and Political Affairs Advisor
- Minimum of first Degree in Political Science, Economics, Business or in a related field. Master Degree will be an advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years in experience in a Economics/ International Business Policy, Strategy Development or Government advocacy and External Affairs work
- Strong experience of and proven ability in political risk reporting and analysis of political environments (security risk reporting and analysis would be acceptable).
- Excellent understanding of regional, national and global political trends and an appreciation of their implications for running a sustainable business.
How to Apply
Kindly email your CV to [email protected]