MODEC Ghana limited is a limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Ghana. Our core business is to provide operations and maintenance support to oil field companies.
Job Title: Human Resources And Administration Manager
MODEC is seeking applications from enthusiastic, creative and fully suitably qualified Ghanaian for appointment into challenging, stimulating and exciting opportunities in the oil and gas industry in the following discipline:
- Provides broad organizational leadership for human resources functions to support mission requirements.
- Develops policies, programs and processes that enhance the Human Resources function.
- Utilizes relevant agreements, policies, and legislation to provide human resources consultation to managers and staff concerning recruitment, performance management, employee relations, compensation practices, benefits questions, and inquiries regarding company policies and practices.
- Planning and coordination of retention, talent management, and professional development strategies using innovative business solutions.
- Develops solutions within the confines of policy directives and best industry practices. Assists , managers with coaching and counseling for problem resolution and improved employee performance.
- Administers the compensation program, which includes developing job descriptions, performing job analysis, analyzing salary surveys to monitor internal equity and market competitiveness, and educating employees on compensation practices. Assists managers with the salary planning process.
- Ensures the hiring process is consistent, lawful, and effectively meets organizational staffing requirements.
- Interprets, administers and ensures compliance with national and local laws, governmental regulations and policies related to human resources.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of all governmental and company reports.
- Ensures integrity of data in the Human Resource Information System (HR IS) and facilitates the use of the system by ensuring that users are trained and that information can be retrieved and manipulated efficiently.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends and technology related to human resource functions. Identifies and suggests ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Develops relationships with local union representation and key contact for all union related concerns.
- Understanding of local employment law is critical, as errors could cause an array of judgments and monetary penalties from governing agencies.
- Ensures that MODEC complies with both national and local laws in regards to HSE.
- Provide emergency response role as a scribe for the Incident Management Team. Manage, monitor, review and close-out office equipment and accommodation lease agreement.
Required Skills or Experience
- A tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in
- Human Resources/industrial Relations or related Field, Masters Preferred.
- Ten to Fifteen years Progressively’ Responsible for Human resources Generalist Experience.
- Must have led an HR Department in a Multi-national Company preferably-in the petrochemical industry.
- PC Skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, HRIS (Human Resource information systems) or other relayed main frame systems.
- Demonstrated ability in project/process leadership.
- Working knowledge in the Ghana Labour Act, 2003 (ACT 651) and other statutory regulations
- Problem solving, analytical skills, ability to communicate to all levels of personnel.
- Working knowledge of relationship building/coaching leadership/managing change, performance management and employment law compliance.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a team environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to the recruitment officer at; [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 1st March 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
MODEC Ghana is an equal employment opportunity organisation.