Posted on :
4 Jan, 2017
4 Jan, 2017
The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) as the institution responsible for coordinating the implementation of the country’s social protection system has established the Ghana National Household Registry (GNHR)
To ensure that social protection benefits get to the people who really need them, the Government of Ghana through Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has established the Ghana National Household Registry (GNHR) with the mandate to establish a single national household register from which all social protection programs in in Ghana will select their beneficiaries.
The registry was launched in Accra by the Vice President of Ghana, His Excellency Paa Kwesi Amisah-Arthur in October 2015.
Job Title: Mobile Registration Team (MRTs) Supervisors
• A supervisor will be the first line of support for all MRTs. He/she will work very closely with the MRT and move with the MRT and provides constant monitoring to the MRT in his/her charge.
• He/ She will oversee the actual enumeration activity on the field.
A Mobile Registration Team (MRT) Supervisor shall perform the following functions:
• Collaborate with the GNHR Zonal Coordinator and CFP to do community entry and community exit before and after enumeration.
• Supervise MRTs to submit daily log reports
• Ensure that MRTs are achieving the maximum required data quality score.
• Document lessons, challenges and operational issues every week to the district coordinator
• Assesse the population densities in the communities to develop community enumeration schedules to reduce waiting times and to capture Households at appropriate times.
• Make transportation arrangements for the MRTs and lead the team to new communities
• Arrange for collective charging of tablets and power banks in communities with no electricity
• Ensure that all enumerators are transmitting profiled data on regular basis
• Ensure errors sent back to enumerators are corrected and transmitted back
• Maintain close working relationship with community leaders, chiefs, and opinion leaders to ensure local ownership of the targeting
• Provide technical guidance to enumerators on Biometrics and PMT questionnaire to ensure quality of the process
• Organize and lead the daily debriefing meetings with enumerators, and support staff at the end of each day at the data collection areas
• In the discharge of his/her duties, a supervisor will report the GNHR District Coordinator.
• He/she will prepare and submit daily reports to the District Coordinator.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Ghanaian
• A University Degree holder
• Experience in similar field enumeration roles especially in Northern Ghana
• Familiarity with the use of an Android devices.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to understand and effectively pass on detailed instructions and progress reports
• The ability to recognize and develop networks and communicate effectively with various stakeholders such as local authorities, communities and community groups
• Ability to speak any of the Northern languages is an added advantage
• Excellent knowledge of the geographical locations of communities in a chosen district
The required languages:
A prospective candidate should be able to speak English and any one of the four main languages (Gurune, Buli, Kassim, Bisa) spoken in the Upper East Region
Location: Upper East Region all districts
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants must submit hard copy of their detailed curriculum vitae to District Social Welfare Officers in their respective districts or emailed their applications to
N.B: Non online applicants in Bolga Municipal, Binduri and Bawku West District Assemblies should submit their hard copy CVs to Assistant Officer for Non Formal Education Division, Assistant Planning Officer and the District Information Officer respectively.
For those applying through the internet, please state your name, the position you are applying for, language, place of residence and preferred district in the subject line of your email.
“PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY OF THE POSITIONS IF YOU HAVE ENGAGEMENTS WITH ANY OTHER ORGANISATION. FIELD STAFF ARE EXPECTED TO WORK 8 HOURS PER DAY FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAY.”
Closing Date: 15 January, 2017