Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
Job Title: Category Manager, Supply Chain Management
- Keeping in line with the overall Policies and Framework (internal and external) governing third party procurement and working with the line manager, carry out governance responsibilities for Supply Chain Management (SCM) in Ghana.
- Support the Country Head in his Risk Management, Governance, stakeholder Management and System application roles
- Reviews the third party spend relating to the Category to achieve oversight on its day to day activities, influence and align with SCM strategy for sourcing.
- Ensuring compliance to policies, processes and effective use of tools & templates of SCM function.
- Provide effective support to Category Stakeholders on matters of SCM related Policies, Processes, Templates, Tools and MIS.
- Implement strategic category sourcing in alignment with local/regional/group strategy.
- Promotion and leveraging of good vendor relationships for the Bank’s benefit.
- Promotion of supply best practice techniques, policy and procedure and professionalism.
- Identification and mitigation of Sourcing and Vendor risks for projects and business as usual.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate expenditure profiles and database for all category Suppliers/ supplies.
- Identify and attain cost savings relating to item Category.
- Identification, implementation and administration of all category related contracts
- Identification of commercial opportunities that will benefit the Bank.
- Management of risk relating to strategic sourcing.
- Provide specialist advice and support to business colleagues and other team members.
- Assist in key projects management in Ghana.
Qualifications and Skills
- A good first degree in a related discipline. A second degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Experience procurement professional with a minimum of 5 years experience in the sourcing function with a large National/ Multi-National Organization
- Self motivated, confident and flexible team player with the enthusiasm and determination to succeed in delivering the right solution for SCB
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of procurement processes, Commercial, Legal / Contractual issues and Automation (P2P, Contract Database and Analytics) will be an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills