The Student Counselor shall lead and coordinate systems and operations of the Counseling Unit and ensure students’ welfare within the framework of GIMPA’s Statutes and policies.
Job Title: Student Counsellor
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of three (3) years in the first instance and may be reappointed for a further term of up to three (3) years only, subject to satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate shall report to the Dean of Student Affairs of the Institute.
- Manage the Counselling Unit of the Student Affairs Office.
- Provide psycho-social counseling to students.
- Provide career counseling to students.
- Develop systems to respond to issues of gender-based violence, including sexual harassment on campus.
- Assist the Dean of Student Affairs by coordinating effective resolution of student complaints at the Schools & the Academic Registry.
- Coordinate in the production of a quarterly newsletter for students, as well as other publications relevant to the work at the Student Affairs Office.
- Conduct research on issues that are relevant to the Institution.
- Facilitate sessions at programmes where your knowledge and expertise are needed on campus.
- Serve on committees as may be required by the Institute.
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters in Counseling or related course of study from a reputable institution.
- At least five (5) years of full-time working experience in a similar role.
- Relevant experience in teaching and counselling in a tertiary institution would be an advantage.
The candidate must have:
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to deal with students from a broad range of social and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong people management skills;
- Creative and professional approach to counselling;
How to Apply
- Applications with CV, cover letters, vision statements, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org July 31, 2018.
- Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above emai address by July 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted