AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Buyer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Role holder will provide on-going support in the procurement of goods, spare parts, maintenance, repair and operating supplies & commodities and in the process ensure value for money while exhibiting a trustworthy attitude and a high level of integrity.
- Perform and comply with established Obuasi site and CAR regional purchasing processes, routines and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including requirements for Operations Readiness.
- Execute established processes, standards and procedures for the creation and release of purchase orders to approved vendors.
- Responsible for issuing request for quotations and proposals to qualified vendors based on purchase requisitions assigned , answering queries, bid evaluation, negotiations; preparing approved purchase orders in SAP to the winning bids.
- Turn around purchase orders within target times and approved budgets.
- Carry out all purchase order transactions in accordance with approved policies, standards and procedures.
- Conduct market intelligence to establish prices of goods and associated services to aid in effective negotiations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with vendors and internal user departments of the mine, providing the necessary support and communicating procurement policies, standards and procedures as appropriate.
- Motivate for the on-time payment of suppliers and to agreed payment terms and conditions
- Maintain a register of preferred vendors; monitor and report periodically as directed vendor performance ratings according to approved and agreed performance criteria.
- Monitor and expedite to ensure delayed orders are progressed and delivered on time and in expected state or conditions of supply.
- Resolve all vendor complaints and escalate all disputes to his/her supervisor.
- Support AGAG’s supplier development and local procurement policies and strategies
- Apply the right tools and documentation as designed to drive the work flow between Materials Planning, the Warehouse, Planned Maintenance, Engineering, Operations and other support departments in meeting their requirements
- Personal development plan and training in purchasing processes and best practises in SAP ERP system applications
- Work with and demonstrate understanding of Purchasing Models and systems as designed for critical and routine procurement requirements that are reviewed and driven through SAP
- Collect and interpret data to a high standard of quality assurance and control
- Objective assessments and interpretation of SAP purchasing reports and recommendations.
- Monitor and improve PR-PO cycle times to meet internal KPI targets
- Conclusions supported with accurate information and analysis and output/ reports to your supervisor:
- Valid vendor registration data
- Monthly data and records of spend and savings in your category
- Vendor delivery, price and quality performance report
- Compliance with MinCom local procurement plans
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of HND.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Supply, Engineering, Economics, Commerce or Supply Chain management will be an advantage
- At least Three (3) years’ experience working in a supply chain environment
- A working knowledge of goods procurement in mining, oil & gas or heavy industrial equipment operations.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP system or equivalent ERP application is a requirement
- Understanding the context and practice of the purchasing function
- Win-win negotiation skills
- Ability to understand the critical relationships among supply chain functions
- Analytical and Problem-solving abilities
- Presentation skills
- Local Regulations
- Cost management
- Project management
- Risk management
- Change management
- Audit, compliance and governance