Posted on :
17 Mar, 2020
17 Mar, 2020
Ho Technical University, a public Tertiary Education Institution, located in the Volta Regional capital, Ho, Ghana, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill vacancy as
Job Title: Medical Director.
• The Medical Director shall be the head of the University Clinic and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar.
• He/she shall supervise the functions and activities of the University Clinic and ensure the efficient and effective delivery of health services to members of the University, their families and the University Community, advising on the procurement of drugs, hospital equipment and other goods and services needed for the efficient operation of the University Clinic, advising, educating and monitoring health matters in the University and be responsible for the preparation and control of the University Clinic’s budget.
Qualification Required & Experience
A person seeking appointment as a Medical Director must:
• hold an MB.ChB or its equivalent;
• be a qualified Medical Doctor;
• be duly registered by the Ghana Medical and Dental Council; have a minimum of six (6) years post-qualification experience, have practised in institutions of similar standing;
• submit a short vision statement not exceeding three (3) pages outlining how he/she will transform the University Clinic into an effective and efficient self-sustaining health care delivery facility to promote the mandate of the University.
Location: Ho, Volta Region
How To Apply
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should download the appropriate Application Form from the Staff Portal on HTU’s Website, www.htu.edu.gh for completion. Ten (10) copies of the completed Application Form, with application letter, up to date CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts of academic records must be submitted to The Registrar, Ho Technical University, Box HP 217, Ho, Ghana. Those applying from outside Ghana may submit one copy of their completed application form with the accompanying documents via email: [email protected] Applicants should inform their referees to submit directly to the Registrar, confidential references on them. The position being sought by the applicant must be indicated in the Confidential Reference Letter and submitted using the same email address indicated above.
Closing Date: 27 March 2020