Brainy Bairn is a rapidly growing International school located in a richly diverse community of West Legon, Accra. We run the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum. Our school is home to both Ghanaian and international students aged between 9months and 18 years old.
Job Title: Librarian
We are looking to recruit a qualified Librarian to manage the school library.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide termly reports on the status of books and make recommendations to the heads of school and management.
- Categorize books and resource materials by standardized classification systems.
- Ascertain students’ needs and assist their efforts in locating information.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure that materials needed for school work are available.
- Prepare book orders in consultation with the heads of school at the end of each term and/or academic year.
- Act as the main link between the school and book suppliers.
- Organize book fairs for all departments of the school.
Required Skills or Experience
- A good honors degree in Librarianship or related course.
- Experience in the effective and total management of a school library.
- Proven ability in promoting reading among pupils and students.
- Ability to use current resources available to upgrade the library to an international standard.
- Be able to develop a tracking system to ensure that no book belonging to the school is misplaced or kept in a student’s home beyond the approved period.
- Be able to provide detailed record-keeping of all books and resources in the library.
- A strong and positive work ethic and a responsible attitude to working with children.
How To Apply
Please email the following to [email protected] on or before 31st March 2020 – (Note: Subject of your email should be the job title)
- Personal Statement in support of your application. (This tells us how you meet each of the points on the person specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. It must not exceed 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae (Your CV must cover the last 5years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained)
- Two References (one of these should be your current or most recent employer).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.