Posted on :
15 Oct, 2020
15 Oct, 2020
Job Title: Senior Biosafety Officer PRME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collates relevant data for the formulation of policies;
• Implements programmes and activities of the Unit(s);
• Facilitates public education and sensitisation on the Unit’s activities;
• Develops research and project proposals;
• Implements research findings and projects;
• Supervises the collation of data for the development of operational policies, guidelines, checklists and Standard Operating Procedures;
• Conducts impact assessment of projects;
• Provides inputs for the preparation of scientific/technical research projects for ethical approval;
• Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of the Authority’s activities;
• Collates data for the development of the strategic and other plans for the Authority;
• Prepares the annual and other periodic reports of the Unit(s);
• Prepares the annual work plan and budget of the Unit(s);
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Planning, Statistics or Monitoring and Evaluation or any other related discipline;
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• A minimum of four (4) years relevant post Bachelor’s degree work experience in a relevant organisation;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Leadership, mentoring and management skills.
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Good monitoring & Evaluation skills.
• Knowledge of project and programmes management.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team work, inter-personal and collaboration skills.
• Alternative Dispute Management.
• Good knowledge in financial management laws and regulations.
• Knowledge in relevant Conventions and Treaties.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
• Good networking and resource mobilisation skills.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Good strategic planning.
• Attention to details.
• Proposal writing skills.
• Guidance and counselling.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station