A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 76,000 people. With the simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement, and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com
Job Title: Country HSE Manager
At Maersk, we strive to enable you to become the best version of yourself by helping you realize your potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment.
At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality, or religious belief.
As the Health Safety Security & Environment (HSSE) Manager, you will provide specialist functional knowledge in support of operational HSSE.
- Planned, develop, Implement, and audit the company HSSE management framework and HSSE standards and culture in offices, Depots, and warehouses.
- Manage all HSSE matters within the country (especially depots operation and Whs) in accordance with corporate, global, and regional standards.
- Plan and execute HSSE training and awareness within assigned locations by using a TNA approach.
- Develop documentation based on the HSSE management framework and periodically review and audit the documentation, Support area HSSE to produce an area HSSE audit for your scope.
- Conducts, update HSSE risk profile and risk assessments and ensure risk reduction measures are undertaken and facilitates risk workshops.
- Investigate and report timely all HSSE incidents including learning packs and ensure incident corrective actions are followed up and closed.
- Audit vendors based on company requirements and follow up to ensure adequate performance.
- Implement business continuity plan and ensure life cycle is followed up and BCM audited and updated with BCM center team.
- Track and monitor all new investment projects and provide support for any new business by raising the HSSE section for BC cases and follow up until go live and ensure 6 months of HSSE assurance on new projects.
- Implement and develop at the country level all health & safety, security, business continuity management, and crisis management tasks.
- To provide support to the operation by maintaining a visible presence on the site and providing HSSE technical support.
- Implement critical control points and especially the visual control points to ensure safe operation on the site and yards.
- Identify, Implement, and audit all applicable HSSE legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Develop and audit the country HSSE Management Plan in line with the area and region strategy for operation, and project to ensure a safe work environment for all site employees, contractors, visitors, and community.
- Ensure maintenance and availability of critical safety equipment and devices in line with law requirements.
- Support the Area HSSE Manager for any other related tasks.
- Nebosh Diploma/master’s in health & Safety Environment
- Iso 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001 IRCA lead auditor certificate with experience in implementation and certification IMS.
- A proven track record of delivering and maintaining Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems with specialization and certification in Warehouses operations and Dangerous goods will be an advantage.
- An ability to develop and adapt strategies to encourage HSSE performances.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerBi, MS office pack, AutoCAD, MS PowerApp, etc.)
- Experience in accident investigation (Nebosh Incident investigation, ICAM methodology, etc)
- Ability to problem solves without supervision and excellent technical skill.
- Fluency in English
- Familiar with corporate and local government HSSE policy and standards and legislation
- Minimum 07 years HSSE and Quality related experience preferred,
- Relevant HSSE Project Management experience
- Membership in a safety, Quality, or security professional body, is preferred.
If the above information sounds good to you, please apply by clicking on the “Apply Now” button at the top of the page.