Posted on :
4 Sep, 2018
4 Sep, 2018
As a Sales Specialist you will responsible for Food and Beverage/ Cement segment. Sales of products / systems / services for Ghana and the allocated accounts in accordance with ABB’s small country business strategy. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific to customer needs and issues. Driving, identifying and developing sales opportunities and taking full accountability for the allocated sales budget.
Job Title: Sales Specialist
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:• Volume & Profit: Selling products / systems / services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for the assigned region and accounts.
o Awareness and achievement of Company targets in Operational EBIT, Orders received, Cash flow, revenues and overdue
• Customer Relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promoting customer understanding of full ABB offering portfolio and align to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
o Maintaining relationships with existing customers and extending the customer network sustainably
o Understanding, managing and interpreting customer requirements/needs
o Providing technical support and assistance
o Recording and maintaining client contact data
o Solving and proactively responding to client problems
• Sales plans: Preparing Sales plans using the proper company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
• Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensuring successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions)
o Negotiating tender and contract terms
o Travelling/visiting potential clients within allocated region and or for allocated accounts
• Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value propositions to customers.
o Communicating ABB Products/services values to clients
o Support marketing by attending Exhibitions, conferences and other marketing events
o Making product presentations
• New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration
o Providing the management with Marketing Intelligence
o Perform won/lost analysis for major opportunities
• Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales process, and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
o Following up with clients in receivables collection
o Ensuring smooth execution from Order booking till customer delivery and financial closeout
o Communicating with Technical Department/ Proposals team to prepare technical offer
o Following up with logistics to ensure proper dispatch and order handling
• Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in a commercial environment with sales, marketing within the electrical engineering environment. Experience in customer specifications review, proposal development, and contract development. Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.