Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor is a flagship project of the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA), which was endorsed by African Heads of States in February 2012 at the 18th African Union summit in Addis Ababa. PIDA is an ambitious initiative which comprised 51 priority projects estimated at nearly US $68 billion to be completed by 2040. The programme is being implemented jointly by the AU, the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD).
The Abidjan-Lagos corridor was selected, by the presidents of the five countries concerned (Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria) as one of the most important projects in West Africa in terms of regional integration. To date, under the leadership of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), a number of physical investments have been made in these countries. In Côte d’Ivoire, for instance, the highway linking Abidjan to Grand-Bassam was opened to traffic on September 14, 2015. The completion of the 42.7 kilometre, at a total cost of US $105 million, is the first part of the corridor connecting Abidjan and Lagos.
Within the framework of the implementation of its programme, ALCO is recruiting a Health Programme Coordinator under the supervision of the Executive Secretary.The incumbent will be based at ALCO’s headquarters based in Cotonou, Benin.
Job Title: ALCO Health Programme Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary, ALCO Health Programme Coordinator will perform the following duties:
• Coordinate the health team activities in order to facilitate synergy and complementarity in the implementation of activities,
• Develop suitable projects to submit to the donors,
• Supervise the Team of the Health component, ensure the effective implementation of activities planned at various projects level,
• Prepare the integration of HIV/Health and Reproductive Health Projects;
• Coordinate the development and implementation of annual action plans of various projects,
• Strengthen the capacity of the Information Unit and health centers in terms of quality of HIV services provided to key populations,
Qualification Required & Experience
• The incumbent must holder a Degree in Medicine and a Degree in Public Health,
• Have at least eight (08) years of experience in the development, planning and implementation of health project/program,
• Have proven experience in health program management,
• Have sound knowledge of ALCO member countries health systems, namely: Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana and Cote d’lvoire,
• Have at least five (05) years of experience in the development of HIV and/or epidemiological surveillance services,
• Have good organizational and managerial capacity.
• Have relevant competence in the development of projects/proposals to be submitted to Donors,
• Have perfect knowledge of Epi Info, SPSS, Excel, Word and Power Point,
• Have excellent analytical and drafting skills,
• Have excellent control over the official working languages of ALCO,
• Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines set in duties implementation,
• Have the ability to work in a team within a multicultural environment.
• Establish partnerships with the Ministries of Health, WHO, UNAIDS, NACC, NACP, NGOS
Location: Cotonou, Benin
How To Apply For The Job
• A duly signed letter of motivation to the Executive Secretary of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organisation;
• A detailed curriculum vitae, including at least two references to confirm the candidate’s experience;
• A certified copy of qualifications, testimonials and training certificates;
• A copy of valid ID card / passport
Application procedure and deadline
• The full application checklist sealed in an envelope with reference “Application for the position of Health Programme Coordinator”, should be submitted to the Executive Secretariat of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organisation, located at Immeuble ALAPINI, 234
• Camp Guezo Cotonou, Benin Tel: (229) 21 31 35 79/ 21 31 35 91 Fax: (229) 21 31 36 52.
• Or scanned in PDF file and sent to the following address:[email protected]; latest by 14th November 2016 at 6pm, Cotonou local time. (The full application should not exceed 7Mb)
• At each stage of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be contacted via the e-mail address and telephone number provided in their CV.
• Detailed terms of reference of this position are available at the following websltes:
• www.corridor-sida.org; www.corridor-aids.org
• For further details, please contact the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organisation at the address below: Immeuble ALAPINI, 234 Camp Guezo Cotonou, Benin Tel:(229) 21 31 35 79/21 31 35 91 Fax: (229) 21 31 36 52: [email protected]
Closing Date: 14 November, 2016