Abosso Goldfields Limited is seeking to employ an experienced and suitably qualified individual for the position of Unit Manager – Tailings. Reporting to the Metallurgical Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the development of the LOM tailings strategic plan and the maintenance of best practice tailings deposition and management systems. As an Engineer of records, he/she will additionally provide design continuity and technical support with respect to dam safety over the life of the TSF in accordance with best practices and Gold Fields’ standards.
Job Title: Unit Manager – Tailings
- Provide safe technical guidance on the development and management of the TSFs in accordance with the applicable regulatory environment, TSF design codes, and the Gold Fields Group Tailings Management Guideline.
- Prepare design specifications, the scope of works and schedules for construction.
- Ensure the design, construction, and performance of the TSF are in compliant with the best practice and applicable regulations, statutes, and codes of the TSF life-cycle.
- Review and advice in relation to the operation’s maintenance and surveillance program, key TSF performance metrics, water balance and tailings deposition plans.
- Assist in the development of an effective emergency preparedness and response plans.
- Provide regular updates on the risk profile created by the TSF, including input when modifications are considered for the dam.
- Prepare periodic reports on the performance and development of the TSF.
- BSc in Civil, Geotechnical Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 8 years relevant engineering experience related to TSF design, construction, and operations.
- Excellent understanding of surface mining operations and applicable mining standards and legislation.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with a consultative approach to problem-solving and delivering operational targets.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as an ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license.