Abosso Goldfields Limited, a subsidiary of Gold Fields Ghana, is seeking to employ a competent and experienced individual for the position of a Chief Engineer. The incumbent will assist in managing and controlling all engineering activities on the mine including the maintenance of the process plant, power generating plant, electrical reticulation, etc. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Chief Engineer will also be responsible for effective people and systems management in accordance with Gold Fields Ghana Operating Standards and Procedures.
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- Drive sound principles of Health and Safety in line with Gold Fields standards and procedures.
- Set and commit to the achievement of equipment and plant availability and performance targets.
- Develop and implement effective engineering standards and procedures in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- Assist in delivering engineering services to meet the standards and requirements of relevant governmental agencies.
- Drive operational cost control and maintain expenditure within approved budgets.
- Develop the skills and competencies of subordinates to ensure a pipeline of talent required to deliver the business objectives.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Must be a corporate member of Ghana Institution of Engineers.
- Sound understanding and demonstrated expertise in high and medium voltage power systems.
- A sound understanding and experience in process control systems.
- Must possess an Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency from the Minerals Commission.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of technical experience in a maintenance function on process plant.
- A minimum of three (3) years of management experience at the level of Plant Superintendent or Plant Engineer.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in working on the gold processing plant.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in a plant environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, MS Project, CAD as well as working knowledge of SAP planned maintenance (PM).
- Medically fit for the position and environment.
- Knowledge of first aid and mine emergency procedure.
- A valid Ghanaian driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicles.