With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools, and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are a possibility.
Job Title: Group Planning and Reporting Manager
- Lead the preparation of management accounts, performance reports, and business review packs for Country Management Committees and Group Executive Committees.
- Support the process of setting medium (3 years) and short-term (1 year) strategic plans and the annual forecasting process for all segments.
- Provide financial and analytical support for advanced decision-making.
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation, process improvement, and efficiencies.
- Proactively improve the quality of management information and analysis.
Main accountabilities and approximate:
Business Performance Reporting – Time Split – 35%
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly management accounts including, Country Management Committee (CMC) decks for monthly performance Reviews.
- Preparation and submission of monthly ALCO Reports.
- Provide sound commentary for all report decks for senior management and the board.
- Timely and accurate upload of monthly group management accounts for all business segments into the Compass System.
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly flash and commentary to Absa Africa Group Office.
- Manage the reporting calendar by developing and maintaining a report dashboard that tracks report submissions to both country and Group stakeholders.
- Manage the resolution of all queries with regards to actual performance and flash.
- Ensure the standardization of structure and format of all FDS reports including, but not limited to, Databibles, ALCO, CMC, MBR and Board reports.
- Coordinate with Treasury and own all aspects of the FTP process for both Actual reporting and Planning.
Business Planning & Analysis- Time Split – 35%
- Support the preparation of Short- and Medium-Term Plans (STP/MTP) and Revised Annual forecast (RAF).
- Ensure accurate and timely submission/upload of forecasts, business plans and Strategies in line with the Group timetable.
- Work with Business partners to maintain robust and comprehensive planning models.
- Maintain teamwork / collaborative relationship with key stakeholders (e.g., Risk, Treasury, Business Partners) to facilitate planning processes and timely resolution of issues.
- Review cost and income lines, liaise with Financial Control to align results and share insights for advanced decision-making.
- Continuously analyze financial results and forecast assumptions and share insights/ trends with Business Partners.
- Provide ad-hoc performance and trend analysis reports when required.
- Coordinate and consolidate inputs for routine and ad-hoc requests (e.g., quarter& half-year commentary, forecast and actual performance reviews, etc.) from Country management and Center stakeholders.
System Improvement -Time Split -15%
- Identify and recommend process/system improvements to make the planning and reporting cycle more effective
- Continuously align country and Center numbers ensuring all mapping issues are resolved.
- Support system upgrade processes with Center team.
- Provide training support to new FDS staff to ensure consistency of report structures and formats.
Team Management / Personal Development- 15%
- Provide tasks support to, and review work of, junior colleagues within the team.
- Develop new analytical capabilities and pursue a personal development path to increase job effectiveness.
- Keep abreast with current developments in the banking industry including micro and macro-economic factors and trends.
- Take ownership of your personal development as well as the development of team members
Higher Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)