Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded VectorLink Project, Ghana. IRS as a component of VectorLink Project has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Job Title: Site Managers And Field Supervisors x25
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing an USAID–funded PMI VectorLink Project to support national efforts in malaria control and prevention. Since 2008, the project has been implementing indoor residual spraying (IRS) to tackle malaria transmission in the Northern Region of Ghana with the main office located in Tamale. For 2019, Abt Associates Inc. is planning IRS implementation in nine districts of the Northern region.
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions for Site Managers and Field Supervisors at each of the following 25 operational sites /sub-districts:
||Kumbungu and Dalun
||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga
||Kubori and Yizesi
||Gambaga, Gbintiri, Langbinsi, Sakogu and Nagboo
||Nakpanduri, Binde, and Bunkpurugu
||Yunyoo and Nasuan
||Karaga, Pishigu and Sandua
||Gushegu, Nabuli, Galwei
||Chereponi and Wenchiki
Prior to recruitment, the selected candidates will go through a training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Site managers and field supervisors will be under the supervision of the District Spray Operations Coordinator.
|Site Manager(25 positions )
- Coordinate all IRS site activities (morning preparation of the IRS teams and end of the day clean-up of equipment and personnel)
- Responsible for daily preparation of the soak pit for IRS activities
- Ensure food for spray team is provided on time
- Ensure water for washing and cleaning is provided at all times
- Responsible for crosschecking daily maintenance
- Responsible for daily and weekly maintenance of all spraying equipment.
- Ensure environmental compliance and good sanitation at the site at all time
- Ensure personal protective equipment of personnel is cleaned and washed daily.
- Oversee the distribution of insecticides to spray operators daily
- Organize PPEs for daily use after it was washed
- Assist supervise field operations if needed
- Ensure daily update of the Spray Performance Tracker
- Minimum academic qualification of a Diploma in any field
- Demonstrate ability to manage groups of people and/or tasks under pressure with little or no supervision
- Previous experience in an IRS operations is preferred but not required
- Demonstrate ability to manage people
- Good oral communication skills
- Possession of a valid motor rider license is an advantage
- MUST have a valid health insurance policy
- MUST be able to use a mobile phone to perform basic functions such as sending SMS
|Field Supervisor(50 positions)
- Supervise spray teams and ensure spray quality according to best IRS practices.
- Ensure that all spray operators and team leaders comply with the best IRS practices.
- Plan daily/weekly field spray activities and review details with site manager/DOC.
- Develop and monitor teams weekly logistical requirement (i.e. spray pumps, pump parts, flashlight and transportation schedule etc.)
- Sensitize communities on IRS procedures, benefits and the role of household members before, during and after spraying.
- Support spray teams in the field if any operational or performance problems arise.
- Keep IRS daily spray data reports updated and complete supervisor’s checklist.
- Ensure that daily spray activity is done in a safe and consistent manner with minimal risk to householders, SOPs and the environment.
- Provide training and coaching to team leaders and or spray operators when needed.
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or other related field.
- Experience in data management with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large-scale data collection.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation of results will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good understanding and experience (preferred) of software platforms for mass SMS
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel and Access
- Proficiency in English and one or more Northern Ghanaian languages will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to the IRS implementing districts.
- Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- To apply for the positions, please submit an application letter and CV based on the instructions below:
- Application letter must have specific job title, CV and site/sub-district of preference, otherwise the candidate will not be considered. Please look through the above mentioned sites/ sub-districts and positions to include the name of the site(s) in the application letter.
- To deliver your typed application letter and CV use any of the following options:
- Deliver by hand to the PMI VectorLink Project/Abt Associates Inc. office located near VSO office off the SSNIT FLATS Junction, Waterson road – Tamale.
- Submit to the security guards at the district or sub-district
- offices of the PMI Vectorlink Project listed above.
- Use the email address below [email protected] (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email).
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Deliver by hand to the Ghana Health Service district or sub-district office or the District Assembly where you want to be considered for any of the positions.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please note that successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 2 months.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted
- Deadline for submission of applications: 5 PM, 20th December, 2018.