The International Economic Growth Division manages projects that are pioneering new approaches to agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Receptionist / Office Assistant to support the International Economic Growth Division in Ghana.
Job Title: Receptionist / Office Assistant
The Receptionist/Office Assistant will acts as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers. S/he will undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by the Administrative Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Answer all incoming calls – receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking messages and passing these on accurately and in a professional manner.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the offices, ensuring they sign in the visitor’s book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
- Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business image.
- Keep a record of staff and visitors signing in and out. In the event of an emergency requiring an evacuation of staff from the building, to be responsible for ensuring that the visitors book and staff sign-in books are removed from Reception and taken to the outside meeting point.
- Check and sign for all deliveries, before informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
- Review and update the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
- Log extension changes and advise all staff accordingly.
- Report telephone equipment and line faults to the IT Manager.
- Provide logistical support to meetings held in the conference rooms, to include preparation of meeting and conference rooms and assist in clean up after meetings.
- Support the M&E component with data entry tasks.
- Any other duties to be assigned.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- A first degree in Business Administration with at least a year’s experience working in a similar position.
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment i.e. photocopiers, scanners, .
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Good written skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills – Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to acquire knowledge in the use of other computer programs.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
- Smart, business-like and cheerful appearance.
- Ability to work to a high standard.