Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior Communications Specialist for Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening (RING II Systems Strengthening). The activity will strengthen service delivery systems to attain measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of vulnerable populations in northern Ghana, particularly for reproductive-aged women and children under five years old. The activity will work across three main objectives 1) Local governments plan, finance, and deliver services that respond to the population’s needs 2) Local government, non-governmental, and private entities collectively implement solutions to attain measurable improvements in nutrition and resilience and 3) Citizens influence local service delivery to respond to their needs.
The project will have a headquarters office in Tamale and two regional offices in Wa and Walewale. This position will be based in Tamale, Ghana. It will be full-time, and the tentative start date is October 2022.
Job Title: Senior Communications Specialist, Ghana RING II
Key Roles And Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director, the Senior Communications Specialist will develop and implement a communications plan to share RING II’s learning and achievements with USAID and relevant public and private sector stakeholders. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive communications plan to share activity results, technical reports, and lessons learned with USAID and relevant public and private sector stakeholders.
- Work with project staff to identify and document project activities, achievements, successes, best practices, and lessons learned, utilizing different communication channels to publicize the project and USAID’s investment.
- Develop and institutionalize protocols for internal communication through a variety of forums (such as weekly operational meetings, monthly progress reports, quarterly reviews, and annual work planning) to harvest and document the knowledge generated by the project’s technical activities and staff.
- Produce materials and design multi-modal media campaigns to promote behavior change including nutrition, WASH, local agriculture, good governance, gender inclusiveness, and knowledge sharing across results areas.
- Ensure compliant branding of all deliverables and public-facing products under USAID guidelines to clearly communicate that foreign assistance is from the American people.
- Develop and implement knowledge-management practices and mechanisms, in coordination with the Abt home office.
- Contribute to and finalize annual work plans and annual training plans.
- Develop fact sheets and ensure effective incorporation of infographics products in quarterly and annual reports
- Develop and submit biweekly updates.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus ten years’ (required) or Master’s degree and six years’ professional experience.
- Previous field experience on USAID-funded projects
- Experience with social media, graphic design, and video editing all desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including calmness under pressure. Must be able to manage relationships with USAID and internal and external program stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, highly organized and deadline-driven. Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and bring them to fruition.
- Fluent written and spoken English required
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.