Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is preparing for 2020 IRS campaign.
Job Title: District Monitoring And Evaluation (M&E) Assistant x12
Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions for a District Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant (12 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months. Candidates that live in any of the districts mentioned below will have an advantage: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri, East Mamprusi, Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri, West Mamprusi, Tatale-Sanguli, and Yunyoo-Nansuan
Responsibilities of M&E Asistant
- Train IRS seasonal workers on data collection tools and procedures
- Supervise field data collections and provide on-the-spot solutions to the data collection errors
- Perform data collection verification in project-supported communities
- Coach personnel on data entry and verification
- Ensure timely delivery of data collection forms from all field sites to data entry centers
- Supervise Data Entry Assistants to follow protocols for data entry, cleaning, and syncing
- Assist Site Managers and the District Operations Coordinator (DOC) to draw next-day spray operations and supervision plan on a daily basis
- Produce weekly spray data progress reports for the assigned district
- Analyze spray data to inform decisions for ongoing spray operations in the assigned district
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC and/or the program M&E Manager
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in statistics or a related field
- Experience in field data collection with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large scale data collection exercise
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Good organizational, report writing and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel
- Candidate will have added advantage if s/he:
- has working knowledge of DHIS2 and mobile data collection
- is proficient in one or more Northern Ghanaian Languages
- has previous work experience in IRS.
- is willingness to live and travel within the district assigned.
- Ability to ride a motorbike and possess a valid (motorbike) license is a MUST
How to Apply
Select a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Application letters that do not have a specific district indicated will not be considered. Submit an application letter and CV by ONE of the methods stated below. Do not use both methods to apply:
- Email application to the following address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the VSO office of the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
The deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm Friday December 13, 2019; Note: Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Females are particularly encouraged to apply!