Posted on :
6 Mar, 2017
6 Mar, 2017
When Clark Abt founded Abt Associates, Inc. in 1965, he wanted to create an environment that nurtured the thinking and creativity of a small group of visionaries to tackle the health, social and environmental issues of the day.
More than 50 years later, that small group has grown into a workforce of more than 2,300 in nearly 50 countries and seven offices in the U.S. We have reached world prominence by investing in people and ideas that can create real and positive change in the world.
Abt Associates offers a diverse and rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and, most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators.
Job Title: Program Officer
Essential Job Responsibility:
• Assist with implementation of interventions aimed at ensuring sustainable provision and use of family planning/reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, WASH, material and child health related information, product, and services in Ghana.
• Assist with planning and implementation of nationwide training programs for various cadres of health personnel in the private sector (e.g. Pharmacists, Over The Counter Medicine Seller (OTCMS), Midwives etc)
• Assist with the design, planning and implementation of supportive supervision activities for selected private sector providers.
• Participate in the development of a training curriculum for pharmacists, dispensing technicians/technologists, counter medicine assistants, OTCMS sellers and their shop assistants.
• Work with manufacturers, suppliers and distributor to ensure effective nationwide distribution of targeted health commodities such as condoms, zinc tablets, oral contraceptives, etc
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first degree in social sciences, public health, or any related field of study.
• A minimum of three (3) years working experience with a donor funded program strongly preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years working experience in mobilizing and training health providers
• Excellent communication skills.
• A team player
How to Apply
Please submit application to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 10 March, 2017