Posted on :
27 May, 2019
27 May, 2019
Accounts officers may specialise in a particular area, such as: accounts receivable: collecting and recording payments that come into the College.
• Accounts payable: organising the payment of invoices on behalf of the College.
Job Title: Accounts Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Perform periodic reconciliations (cash, bank and investments)
• Ensure prompt payment of client’s redemption
• Carry out banking activities on behalf of the college
• Assist in preparing accurate, timely and reliable financial reporting in accordance with national and international financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements
• Assist in ensuring statutory payment are made on timely basis
• Assist external auditors in statutory audits
• Maintain confidential records and files
• Perform other related duties as required by Accountant of the College.
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
• A good university degree in Accounting
• Part-qualification of a recognized professional accountancy body will be an added advantage
• Post qualification experience in a relevant position will be an advantage
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office application (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge and experience in the investment industry would be an advantage
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
Reports directly to the Accountant of the College.
How to Apply
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:[email protected] with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
Closing Date: 14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.