In our quest for excellence in ensuring quality education and training, Accra Technical University has equipped many of students in the past decades with practical skills needed for the job market. The University, has specialized in providing practical industrial training, learning and research to equip its students with the best knowledge and skills meant to meet the competitive demands of the industrial job market. Accra Technical University, in its pursuit to enrich our national economy with skillful manpower in various sectors has awarded HND and diploma certificates in various programmes offered in the University. Accra Technical University, in recent times, has introduced degree programmes to meet the increasing demand for higher education. The institution also gives its students the benefit of studying in Accra, the capital of Ghana. Situated in the heart of Accra, students have easy access to various landmarks and modern edifices in the capital.
Job Title: Registrar
- Reporting to the Vice – Chancellor, the Registrar shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
- The Registrar shall be responsible for coordination of the University’s strategic planning; policy formulation and implementation.
- The Registrar shall be responsible for supervision of the day-to-day operations of the offices within tile Registry, including student admissions, examinations and records, student affairs, human resources and general administration.
- The Registrar shall be the Secretary to the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
- The Registrar shall be responsible for the custody of Accra Technical University Seal and for affixing same to relevant documents of the Governing Council and the Academic Board.
- The Registrar shall be responsible for the custody of all legal documents and records of the University.
- The Registrar shall be responsible for publishing policy decisions of the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
- The Registrar shall perform any other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Councilor delegated by the Vice-Chancellor of the University
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of up to four (4)years only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the University Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) and the Statutes of the University.
- The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a servant leader and be capable to plan, organize, implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Office of the Registrar.
- The Person must be able to provide sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor on all issues affecting the administrative functions of the University.
- Must have wide experience in the management of students and staff records in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission and accreditation standards.
- Must possess excellent relational, communications, academic and administrative skills.
- Be able to identify the Mission and Vision and develop implementation strategy to achieve the same.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a commitment to outstanding student service.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with students, administrators and external agencies.
- Must be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to counsel students and provide advice and directions as appropriate to resolve issues and complaints
- Must have a minimum of Masters’ degree preferably in Administration, Management related area and preferably a professional qualification in the relevant discipline.
- Must have at least twelve (12) years post qualification working experience in a senior academic position in a tertiary education or related institution.
- Must be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR (4) term of office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of SIXTY (60) years.
How To Apply
- Candidates are to submit an application letter and completed Application forms obtained from the Registry of the University or download and print a copy from the University’s website at www.atu.edu.gh.
- Applicants are to attach Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant.
- Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
- Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered electronic mail to reach
The address below not later than 30th August, 2018.
Search Committee for Pro Vice-Chancellor
c/o Office of the Registrar
Accra Technical University
P. O. Box 561
Email: [email protected]
Emall: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted