In our quest for excellence in ensuring quality education and training, Accra Technical University has equipped many of students in the past decades with practical skills needed for the job market. The University, has specialized in providing practical industrial training, learning and research to equip its students with the best knowledge and skills meant to meet the competitive demands of the industrial job market. Accra Technical University, in its pursuit to enrich our national economy with skillful manpower in various sectors has awarded HND and diploma certificates in various programmes offered in the University. Accra Technical University, in recent times, has introduced degree programmes to meet the increasing demand for higher education. The institution also gives its students the benefit of studying in Accra, the capital of Ghana. Situated in the heart of Accra, students have easy access to various landmarks and modern edifices in the capital.
Job Title: Pro Vice-Chancellor
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall report to the Vice-Chancellor.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall act in the absence of the Vice-Chancellor.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be the academic head of the University.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be the liaison between the University and all external academic regulatory bodies.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be a non-voting member of the University Governing Council.
Terms of Appointment
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed for a period of three (3) years.
- The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of up to three (3) years only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the University Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) and the Statutes of the University.
- The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be of Professorial status and shall possess a PhD or its equivalent in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Must have a wide experience in academic management including conduct of University Examinations, Quality Assurance and liaison with Universities’ regulatory bodies
- Must be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, be circumspect and above reproach.
- Must have a strong research background.
- Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar.
- Must have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education.
How To Apply
- Candidates are to submit an application letter and completed Application forms obtained from the Registry of the University or download and print a copy from the University’s website at www.atu.edu.gh.
- Applicants are to attach Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant.
- Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
- Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered electronic mail to reach
The address below not later than 30th August, 2018.
Search Committee for Pro Vice-Chancellor
c/o Office of the Registrar
Accra Technical University
P. O. Box 561
Email: [email protected]
Emall: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted