Posted on :
1 Mar, 2021
1 Mar, 2021
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position
Job Title: Logistics Assistant / Driver
The role provides reliable and safe driving of staff and authorised personnel. Additionally, it provides logistics.clerical support to the regional office and responsible for transporting and delivery / collection of mails, documents and other items as relevant for the business of AAG.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Convey staff /guests to and from official programmes
• Carry AAG materials to relevant destinations
• Conduct daily inspection of vehicles to ensure vehicles are in good condition and report any faults to Programme Support Staff
• Ensure constant cleanliness of AAG vehicles
• Update vehicle documents as relevant
• Maintain Log Books for AAG vehicles
• Ensure the reliable delivery and collection of mails, documents and other items.
• Airport/Bus terminals and hotel pick up of staff and guests on official duties
• Collect invoices and deliver cheques to Service Providers where relevant
• Assist to make accommodation reservations
• Assist to set up conference room for meetings
• Support in organizing logistics for meetings and workshops
• Ensure the reliable delivery and collection of mails, documents, newspapers, periodicals and other items.
• Support to print/photo-copy/scan documents
• Assist to buy food/snack for meetings
• Provide logistic support in organizing parties /social events
• Assists in photo taking during community meetings, and workshops as and when appropriate
• Gather workshop materials including used flip charts, training material etc for workshops and ensure they are returned after workshops.
Staff Safety, Security and Risk Management role
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires,brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is in good running condition at all times.
• Ensure all safety gadgets are in good condition and used appropriately by vehicle users(seat belts, fire extinguishers, first aid, etc)
• Adhere to vehicle maintenance / servicing plans
• Ensure renewal of required documents including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, road worthiness certificate, etc.
• Comply with driving regulations and strictly observe motor traffic rules.
Qualification Required & Experience
Education & Certifications
• Diploma or its equivalent + relevant Special Skills Training with 2years’ experience or equivalent.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Defensive Driving skills Security and Safety knowledge Basic computer skills Road signs and traffic regulation Excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues
Desirable Knowledge and Experienced Mechanics
•Ability to talk about AAG work in general and direct the public to specific schedule officers as relevant
How to Apply For The Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Below To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 04 March, 2020
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”