Posted on :
11 Oct, 2016
11 Oct, 2016
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all.
ActionAid began operating in Ghana in 1990 and now works with more than One Million (1,000,000) people living in 279 communities in the Upper East, Upper West, Northern, Brong Ahafo, Volta and Greater Accra regions.
ActionAid Ghana supports the basic needs and rights of the poor. We do not impose solutions but work with communities to strengthen their own efforts, making the most of their knowledge and experience, to improve their access to services. We also work with government, community groups, partners and others to make policies that enhance the qualtity of life or change policies and practices that affect their lives negatively.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ an experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Head of Fundraising
The Head of Fundraising shall be responsible for the development and implementation of AA Ghana’s fundraising strategy, operational plan and related policies with the objective of maximizing income for ActionAid Ghana’s programmes. In order to achieve this, the Head of Fundraising shall initiate and cultivate relationships with potential and existing donors in the country and internationally and facilitate linkages between AA Ghana and the international fundraising team to deliver on strategic fundraising objectives, donor relations, contract management and reporting. This is a senior management position and the holder is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on partnership and fundraising, communication and implementation of agreed upon decisions.
• Development and implementation of Fundraising strategies, policies and procedures through contextualization of the AA International Global Funding policies and strategies in Ghana’s context;
• Exploration of alternative funding options, especially to complement existing funding streams; to maximize new funding opportunities and income streams
• Diversification of programme funding portfolio using a Programme Led Funding approach (PLFP) to achieve an appropriate balance of international child sponsorship and institutional donor funding;
• Overseeing international child sponsorship funding operations to ensure cost effective quality and timely management of funding and sponsor communications;
• Development and implementation of donor intelligence mechanisms to include Donor Scoping and Donor Engagement Plans;
• Engage and participate in appropriate donor networking opportunities including national consortiums of NGO and INGOs and donors
• Tracking of national and international fundraising trends and incorporating feasible innovations into Ghana’s practices.
• Development and implementation of donor management information system and knowledge management system;
• Provision of timely and accurate information to donors/funders, sponsors and other stakeholders as per existing agreements/MoUs or sponsorship protocol;
• Organizing and coordinating international donor visits to Ghana and sharing information with respective teams, partners and stakeholders on institutional donors of ActionAid Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
• The Candidate must hold at least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and a membership of relevant professional body (CIM) with at least 10 years of work experience in the development sector of which 5 must be at a senior management position.
• Knowledge of Corporate reputation management,
• Experience in Contract management
• Experience in Donor intelligence gathering
• Experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies and plans
• Proven experience in successful proposal writing
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Gender sensitivity
• Child sensitivity.
• Interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• Relationship building and management
• Good communication skills
• Ability to establish specific targets or goals.
• Ability to establish plans for achieving targets
• Ability to assign tasks to make use of individuals’ knowledge and skills.
• Ability to delegate responsibility to team members and provide coaching and support when needed.
• Ability to speak clearly, logically and persuasively.
• Knowledge of business communication principles and practice.
• Ability to coach and mentor others and be enthusiastic about seeing others grow.
• Leadership: Mobilizes, inspires and motivates subordinates, peers and others to achieve results.
• This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Monthly Base Salary: GH 7,265.00
How to Apply For the Job
Application Forms should be downloaded Below.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
or forwarded to:
The Head of HROD/ Administration
P. O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: + 233-244-316392 / +233-289109560
Closing Date: 21 October, 2016
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment by Wednesday 4th November 2016
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”