Posted on :
1 Mar, 2021
1 Mar, 2021
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position
Job Title: Project Manager –Combating Modern Slaver
• The role is responsible for the overall management, accountability and coordination of the project, including stakeholder engagements, in line with donor contract to achieve the stated results of the project.
• The role will oversee project coordination, undertake national advocacy, maintain regular consultations, communication,reporting, and provide scheduled feedback to relevant stakeholders.
• Work with relevant international,national and local partners, stakeholders and collaborators to ensure project takeaways influences inter-agency cooperation on preventing and addressing modern slavery including child labour and exploitation of informal sector workers particularly within the agriculture sector.
• Develop annual critical pathways to ensure that project implementation plan leads to expected project outcomes and consistent with the Priorities and Key Result Areas of the ActionAid Ghana (AAG) Country Strategy Plan (CSP).
• Develop elaborate project strategies to enhance effective implementation towards achievement of stated project results.
• Work closely with National and Regional Programmes and Advocacy Teams to ensure that project takeaways are mainstreamed into programme work before project completion.
• Anticipate project risks and take steps to mitigate them.
• Coordinate project activities and liaise with Government Agencies and Ministries, General Agricultural Workers Union(GAWU), communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to ensure effective project delivery and attainment of stated project results.
• Develop TORs, concept notes, and briefs for project research, reviews and evaluation exercises.
• Facilitate periodic reviews, reflections and planning meetings with communities, GAWU and other stakeholders to inform project strategies and plans.
• Lead in the development of tools, manuals and training resources needed to ensure successful project implementation.
• Lead project teams to conduct and validate pre-intervention assessments in target communities.•Coordinate and supervise the implementation of all project activities to achieve their outputs, as indicated in the approved project document.
• Conduct relevant researches to inform project implementation and disseminate relevant information to relevant stakeholders.
• Actively participate in the Annual Planning and Budgeting process of ActionAid Ghana.
• Convene, document and follow-up on the outcome of monthly project accountability meetings.
• Monitor compliance of project implementation in all regions and at the national level in line with the donor regulations and conditions of the contract including budget limits.
Staff and Resource Management Responsibilities
• Support to translate and communicate project standards and performance to staff and partners to improve programme quality and performance.
• Liaise with the finance unit to develop and institute cost effective strategies and systems to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitate effectiveness and efficiency in the use of project financial resources in compliance with value for money principles, ActionAid’s Financial Policy and Procedures Manual and the donor’s financial guidelines.
• Collate and file relevant project documents on shared folders for future reference.
• Identify emerging issues from project implementation and package them into concept notes for possible partnership funding.
• Develop documentation highlighting the challenges and lessons learned from the project and disseminate widely to position AAG as a learning organisation.
Partnership and Coalitions
• Sustain positive partnership and networking relationships with institutional partners in all the implementing districts in the four regions (Northern, Upper West, Oti and Bono regions) and other key stakeholders on the project.
• Provide strategic support to increase understanding and appreciation of changes in project agreements and direction.
• Monitor project partners’ activities and relationships to ensure compliance with set agreements.•Raise AAG’s profile through highlighting best practices that emerged from projects at fora and other public events.
• Work with the Manager, Quality and Knowledge Management to develop M&E plan, design and implement monitoring and evaluation systems to document the output indicators of the project log frame.
• Support to undertake monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
• Prepare annual, quarterly,and monthly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in approved project documents.
• Work with the QKM Manager to plan and coordinate project impact assessments or surveys.
• Prepare comprehensive quarterly reports (narrative and financial) for management information and decision.
• Actively participate in donor review and reflection meetings, and highlight project successes, challenges,and mitigating measure to overcome challenges.
• Maintain positive relationships with the donor-NORADat all times.
• Prepare and liaise with Head of Fundraising to ensure that quality narrative, financial and forecast reports of the project are timely submitted to donor organizations as per the contract specification and deadlines.
Senior Management Activities
• Provide relevant information for the formulation/update of AAG‘s strategy, policies and procedures.•Attend Senior Management Meetings and contribute to making strategic decisions, particularly in relation to projects and fundraising.
Responsibilities towards safeguarding policies and feminist principles
• Be abreast with ActionAid’s safeguarding policies(Child Protection Policy; Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse;Anti Sexual Harassment Policy etc.)and feminist principlesand ensure full compliance with their provisions.
• Educate staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders on the safeguarding policies and other regulatory frameworks of ActionAid Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A master’s degree in Project Management or relevant field with at least 3 years’ experience in senior management position
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job
• Knowledge and proven experience in project management, especially related to agricultureand decent work
• Current knowledge of the forms and underlying contributory factors of modern slavery andmeasures to prevent or eliminate the practice.
• Advanced skills in lobbying, advocacy and campaign initiatives
• Knowledge of Human Rights Based Approach to project implementation.
• Knowledge of strategic management principles
• Knowledge of gender issues and power dynamics
• Knowledge of developing concept notes and proposal
• Knowledge of contract management principles
• Knowledge of training models and principles
• Advanced skills in writing quality reports and case studies
• Knowledge of M&E principles
• Knowledge of management principles and planning processes
• Knowledge of Micro-Soft Office applications and social media
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job
• Ability and confidence to engage higher levels of external stakeholders such as government ministries, agencies, CSOs, donor organisations and local government structures.
• Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
• Ability to take timely decisions.
• Ability to develop shared plans and monitor for achieving targets.
• Ability to motivate and provide coaching and technical support to team members when needed.
• Ability to make effective verbal and written presentations.
• Ability to write quality reports.
• Ability to facilitate meetings, focus group discussions and training sessions
Location: Accra with regular travels to the project regions.
How to Apply For The Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 04 March, 2020
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”