Posted on :
13 Oct, 2021
13 Oct, 2021
ActionAid Ghana seeks to engage a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the development and implementation of AA Ghana’s fundraising strategy, operational plan and related policies with the objective of maximizing income for ActionAid Ghana’s programmes.
Position: Head of Fundraising
Location: Accra with frequent travels to ActionAid Ghana operating regional areas.
Duration: Three (3)-year fixed term contract.
Salary level: SM 5
• In order to achieve this, the Head of Fundraising shall initiate and cultivate relationships with potential and existing donors in the country and internationally and also facilitate linkages between AA Ghana and the international fundraising team to deliver on strategic fundraising objectives, donor relations, contract management and reporting.
• This is a senior management position, and the holder is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on partnership and fundraising, communication and implementation of agreed upon decisions.
• Formulation and implementation of resource mobilization strategies, policies and procedures through the contextualization of the AAI Global Funding policies and strategies to Ghana’s context;
• Exploration of existing and alternative funding options especially Institutional funding;
• Diversification of programme funding to achieve a healthy mix of sponsorship and institutional donor funding;
• Overseeing sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely management of funding and sponsor communications;
• Development and implementation of donor intelligence mechanisms;
• Tracking of resource mobilization trends and incorporating feasible innovations into Ghana’s practices.
• Formulation of fundable proposals in line with CSP programmes and in accordance with the ActionAid Ghana fundraising policy and strategy;
• Ensuring uniformity and consistency of funding proposals;
• Building relationships with other INGOs for consortium fundraising
• Maintaining a sponsorship funding base through the recruitment, retention and relationship management of sponsors and the children they support;
• Maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments;
• Ensuring steady funds inflow within the organization;
• Coordinating all fundraising in and outside Ghana as well as reporting on the use of resources to respective donors.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Second Degree with at least 10 years’ working experience of which 5 years must be at executive management level. Membership of a relevant professional institute
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge /skills required for successful execution of the job).
• Corporate reputation management,
• Website and social media management
• Contracts management and photography
• Donor intelligence gathering
• Relationship Management
• Good communication skills
• Editing skills
• Proposal writing skills
• Computer skills
• Marketing skills
• In-depth understanding of programming issues and Policy work at organizational, national and international levels; and
• Have practical experience in resource mobilization including proposal development, donor reporting and managing donor relations.
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• People management skills
• Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and developing others.
• Financial management
• Must be able to work with very little supervision.
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Gender sensitivity
• Child sensitivity.
• Interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Location: Accra with travels within Ghana
How to Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2021