Posted on :
10 Mar, 2014
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
We want to change the world. Do you? ActionAid Ghana seeks to employ two (2) dedicated and innovative trainers/facilitators to its Global Platform Office in Tamale, Ghana. The Global Platform is a worldwide network of training hubs for empowerment and activism. It provides innovative training and capacity development for organisations and young individuals who wish to take positive action in their societies.
The trainers will mainly be running and improving the Platform’s training courses, based on innovative participatory methods.
The Trainers are responsible for planning, organizing and conducting relevant contextualized international trainings, based on the values of ActionAid. The trainings are conducted to empower youth to create positive social change.
• Develops, conducts and organizes trainings at the Global Platform within the Global Platform framework, e.g. Global Campaign and Youth and Governance.
• Facilitates and maintains relationships with partners and places for research and field trips.
• Give support to running of other courses
• Takes charge of the sessions for the various courses at the platform within the areas of e.g. youth and female empowerment democracy, human rights based approach, and political systems
• Develops and contextualizes training manuals, course scripts and detailed evaluations of each course, contributing to the development of Training for Change’s courses and methodologies
• Develops innovative new concepts for youth engagement at the Global Platform in accordance with local and international needs
Our Training4Change courses aim at equipping the participants with competences within four core areas. As a trainer at the Global Platform in Ghana, you are expected to have skills and qualified abilities to contribute within these core areas.
The four areas are:
• Analyse – ability to understand and explain knowledge of globalization, development, voluntarism and social movements’ discourses.
• Organise –ability to organize, manage and facilitate training programmes.
• Communicate –ability to communicate effectively, particularly using new and creative media – such as video, web, graphic design, theatre, etc.
• ACT – Ability and courage to constantly ensure that knowledge and skills are used in practice, whether on small scale pilot projects in teams or large campaigns.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Relevant University degree and at least three years’ relevant experience in a related field.
• Facilitation – experienced in facilitation and course planning and knowledge of participatory learning and informal training methods.
• Regional knowledge – local knowledge of the cultures, religions, politics and issues confronting young people is a great advantage.
• Social Change – a personal drive for social change is a must, and previous engagement in voluntarism, activism, democratic movements or political mobilisation is highly valued.
• Administration and PR – the team contributes to the marketing of the course and documentation of activities carried out. Ability to work in a structured and well organised way in order to manage tasks such as accounting is required.
• Language – ability to write and speak fluent English is a requirement. Knowledge of other local and West African languages is considered advantage
The ideal candidate must be committed to a human rights based approach and to gender equality.
• This is a two (2) year employment contract on national terms and conditions. The role may involve working beyond official working hours.
Monthly Base Salary: Band 4- Step 1 (GHS 1,914.52)
How To Apply For The Job
Application Forms MUST be downloaded and submitted as below.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:- [email protected]
or forwarded to:
The Human Resource Manager
P. O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: + 233 244 316 392 / +233 28 910 9560
Closing Date: 14 March, 2014
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment by Tuesday, 18th March, 2014.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”