Posted on :
20 Nov, 2013
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty. ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ an experienced and self- motivated individuals to fill the position of an Administrative and Logistics Officer for the Ghana Global Platform Office.
The Administrative and Logistics Officer is responsible for coordinating all logistics and procurement activities of the Global Platform including undertaking basic financial management to ensure effective utilization of the Global Platform’s resources and facilities towards the attainment of set objectives.
• Ensures effective utilization and maintenance of the Platform’s properties
• Undertakes all procurement activities
• Drafts relevant administrative memos and letters
• Ensure effective organization of meetings and conferences Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com
• Maintains front office and effective administrative systems to ensure smooth running of the Platform.
• Administers Petty Cash and keeps appropriate financial records up to date in constant consultation with the ActionAid Ghana office.
• Coordinates effective utilization of office space, courier, telephone and security services
• Ensures uninterrupted availability of essential services such as water, electricity and telephone.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Administration or relevant field with 3 years’ post qualification experience.
• Knowledge of Administrative Practice
• Knowledge of Ghana Procurement Act and other procurement regulations
• Knowledge of the 2003 Labour Act, (Act 651)
• Knowledge of assets management systems including insurance policies
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and
• Ability to undertake multi-tasks and work under pressure
• Ability to supervise other non-supervisory roles
• Ability to communicate effectively – both verbal and written
• Ability to write concise reports
• Ability to inspire self and others to achieve results
• Ability to pay attention to detail and be well organized
• Ability to maintain appropriate records for effective retrieval and usage
• Must be a team player with high degree of inter-personal skills
• Must possess a high degree of integrity
This is a two (2) year employment contract on national terms and conditions. The role may involve working beyond official working hours.
Monthly Base Salary : Band 3: Step 1 (GHS 1,024.00)
How To Apply For The Job
Application Forms MUST be downloaded and submitted as below.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:-
or forwarded to:
The Human Resource Manager
P. O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: + 233 244 316 392 / +233 28 910 9560
Closing Date: 25 November, 2013
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment by Monday, 30th November, 2013.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”