Posted on :
6 Dec, 2018
6 Dec, 2018
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individuals to fillthe following positions in its head office in Accra.
Detailed information relating to the positions with respect to qualification, person specification, responsibilities and competencies are available on the ActionAid Ghana website.
The summarized profiles of the various positions are as follows
Job Title: Communications & PR Manager
• The main purpose of this position is to manage the information resources of ActionAid (AA) Ghana by facilitating the effective communication between AA Ghana and the external public and ensuring high brand visibility of the organization.
• The post holder will also work in close consultation with ActionAid International Communications Team to ensure effective public communication within the Ghana Programme and with other ActionAid Countries and Communication Units.
• The position has responsibility for working with the Fundraising Unit to build AAG’s brand image for fundraising.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and a membership of relevant professional body with at least 10 years of work experience in the development sector of which 5 must be at a senior management position or a Second Degree with at least 5 years’ working experience.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge /skills required for successful execution of the job).
• Corporate reputation management,
• Website and social media management
• Contracts management and photography
• Relationship Management
• Good communication skills
• drafting of press releases and statements
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• People management skills
• Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and developing others.
• Financial management
• Must be able to work with very little supervision.
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Gender sensitivity
• Child sensitivity.
• Interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
Salary: This role is on SM4 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
How to Apply
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable. Click Here To Download Application Forms Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:- [email protected] or forwarded to: The Head of HROD/ Administration P. O. Box AN 19083, Accra-North. Or call us on: + 233-244-316392 / +233-28-9109560
Closing Date: 05 December, 2018 Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”