Posted on :
6 Dec, 2018
6 Dec, 2018
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self- motivated individuals to fillthe following positions in its head office in Accra.
Detailed information relating to the positions with respect to qualification, person specification, responsibilities and competencies are available on the ActionAid Ghana website.
The summarized profiles of the various positions are as follows: Head of Programmes, Innovation, and Campaigns
Job Title: Head of Programmes, Innovation, and Campaigns
• The main purpose of this position is to lead on AAG strategy development and provide leadership and technical support for the implementation of the Country Strategy Paper (CSP) at the programme level to promote high-quality programming, innovations, policy, advocacy, campaigns, learning & knowledge management rooted in AAG’s mission priorities to ensure that results are achieved in relation to ActionAid’s goals of ending poverty and injustice.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a high degree (at least Masters Level) and a membership of relevant professional body with at least 10 years of work experience in the development sector of which 5 must be at a senior management position.
• Having international experience will be an added advantage.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• HRBA programming
• Advocacy and campaign
• Ability to develop strategies and framework
• Ability to monitor and evaluate programmes
• Fund raising and lobbying skills
• Project management skills
• Abreast with development theories and practice
• Abreast with national development strategies and frameworks
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Leadership; visionary; coaching; group leadership; delegation; planning and organization; management control; customer orientation; entrepreneurship; market orientation; self-directed; networking; problem analysis; results orientation; quality orientation; judgment; organizational sensitivity; extra-organizational awareness; learning ability; self-motivated; oral communication; oral presentation; written communication; active listening skills; sensitivity; persuasiveness; impact; sociability; stress tolerance, influencing / negotiating, hardworking, able to work under pressure.
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural, Gender sensitivity, Child sensitivity. Integrity, Good communication skills, Tolerance, Interpersonal, Negotiation skills, Teamwork, Confidentiality, Creativity, Adaptability, Independence, Tenacity, behavioural flexibility, Initiative, Ambition, Discipline, Organizational loyalty
• All positions shall be ona three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Salary: This role is on SM5 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
How to Apply
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable. Click Here To Download Application Forms Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:- [email protected] or forwarded to: The Head of HROD/ Administration P. O. Box AN 19083, Accra-North. Or call us on: + 233-244-316392 / +233-28-9109560
Closing Date: 05 December, 2018 Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”