Posted on :
4 Jun, 2012
4 Jun, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational firm which is a leading telecoms solutions producer of 2G/3G solutions for remote communities to recruit a Field Engineer to support its operations in Ghana.
The Field Engineer will be responsible for providing on site and remote technical and project support to existing clients and future customer base across the globe but primarily in Africa, Asia and Latin America, network planning and site surveys of remote sites.
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
• Experience in 2G/3G network solutions/systems
• Provide on-site and remote technical and project support to existing and future customer base across the globe but primarily in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
• Advance network planning and subsequent site surveys of prospective remote site locations.
• Onsite field support for customer trials, demonstrations and rollouts of the company’s product suite.
• Installation and Commissioning of the company’s equipment at various customer locations within the company’s Remote Community sector.
• Integration of the company’s products with other 3rd party products to allow full service offering to our customers.
• Installation and validation of software upgrades and patches onsite as required to ensure best in class delivery of the company’s product suite.
• Analysis of key network performance indicators whilst onsite and proactively taking the necessary steps onsite to optimize network performance in live networks.
• Some office based troubleshooting of customer issues and implementation of resolutions to customer’s satisfaction.
• Rapid escalation to senior management of any blocking issues which may significantly impact the level of service available to our customers.
• Compilation of network KPIs into weekly and monthly Customer Reports as required.
• Extensive (90%) overseas travel will be a requirement.
• Delivery of training to system integrators and/or end customers on company’s products and associated installation, commissioning and maintenance procedures.
• A good knowledge of Network And Switching Subsystem (Nss) Architecture For Cellular Networks would be a plus
• Experience in dealing on the front line with the end customer would be a plus
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified to degree level in relevant major field and should be from a telecom industry
• Minimum of four years or more working experience in Telecommunications circuit and packet switching platforms –preferably in cellular networks and IP voice technologies, BSC/BTS, PCU/SGSN/GGSN, PCU/SGSN/GGSN, A Interface (SS7)
• Practical knowledge in IP Routing, Addressing and subnets, Voice over IP Ethernet interface configurations
• Knowledgeable with the use of telecoms engineering equipment such as TEMS phones etc
• Experienced and a deep technical understanding of Wireshark/Ethereal network analyser, Unix/Linux Operating Systems Installation,
• Should be experienced in Configuring client/server applications in Unix/Linux
• Knowledgeable with Basic shell scripting in Unix/Linux environments
• Should have practical knowledge in Voice backhaul in cellular networks (Abis and AIF over IP), Data backhaul in GPRS, EDGE and UMTS/3G networks
• Should be an expert in Network Management systems, Satellite Backhaul including VSAT systems, Satellite Terminal configurations, RF coverage planning and optimisation
• Experienced in MS Office Suite Proficiency, Linux/Unix/Solaris proficiency
• Have strong analytical skills and ability to work in multicultural environment and under pressure
• Proven and practical ability to handle field equipments
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]