Posted on :
4 Jun, 2012
4 Jun, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a multinational FMCG Group to recruit a Legal Officer to support its operations in Ghana.
The Legal Officer will:
• Support the General Counsel in the delivery of pro-active legal services to the business.
• Assist in reduction of turn-around time for delivery of legal services in view of increasing Legal tasks and customers within the Business.
• To reduce the use of External Solicitors for non-litigation matters with resultant reduction in legal costs to the Company.
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
• Provision of legal research support required for legal advisory services. The Legal Officer will specifically be responsible for sourcing for current laws, regulations, rules and legal materials/information likely to impact on the business.
• Collation of information and documents to aid the Litigation process and arrangements for Company witnesses and pre-trial briefings. The Legal Officer will also make representation at Court sessions and provide report of same.
• Carrying out periodic Agreement audit within the various Departments/Functions to ensure that Company contractual arrangements are supported by subsisting Agreements.
• Send out prompters for Agreement renewals and arrange for the proper and timely execution of Agreements.
• Assist in Drafting and review of legal documents for the Company.
• Liaising with Functional and Category Teams, External Counsel, Government press, Court Registrars and government agencies
• Manage central payment of the various business rates.
• Administer various Schedules of Litigation cases, Leased and Company Owned Properties, Agreements and Company Trademarks.
• Update and maintain legal files and documentation.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor of first Degree in Law
• Master’s Degree (added advantage)
• At least 3 years relevant post-call experience.
• Must have good knowledge and experience in commercial law & practice.
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Good Analytical skills
• Commitment to Team results
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]