Posted on :
30 Aug, 2013
30 Aug, 2013
The Office of the UN World Food Programme, WFP – UNHRD Accra invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:- Administrative Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the Fin/Adm. Officer, the Admin Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Extract and input data from various sources in administrative, procurement and other W F P Corporate systems.
• Maintain a selected number of administrative control records, such as for commitments and expenditures, travel, insurance, procurement and other.
• Initiate and process administrative actions such as those found in human resource, travel, procurement, disbursement.
• Assist in monitoring status of expenditures and allotments through WFP corporate systems, record variations, update budget tables and consolidate data for budget review.
• Make computations, calculations and estimates and prepare reports or assist in the preparation of periodic reports including forms, tables, charts and other.
• Draft correspondence relating to the area of responsibility.
• Design and update charts and tables utilizing graphic tools, design hard copy and computer resident forms; initiate, update and track computer assisted processing of administrative actions.
• Assist with day-to-day administration of contracts with external contractors; check contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided and process payments.
• Provide information related to the above functions and exchange a variety of statistical information.
• Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of statistical data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources for internal/external use; provide basic analysis of the data as requested.
• Arrange meetings such as workshops and seminars.
• Make travel arrangements in line with administrative rules and procedures.
• Set up, classify and maintain files.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Secondary School Education but preferably University Degree/Higher National Diploma in Administration or related field.
• At least three (3) years of progressively responsible support experience in general administrative work or related field.
• Excellent knowledge of computer software
Fluency in both written and oral English.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications with 3 references including Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelopes marked “”Administrative AssistantSC/L4″ and sent to the address below or hand-delivered to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital:
The Human Resource Unit
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 08 September, 2013
• ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
• QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY