The institution is a rapidly growing international Savings & Loans Company with over 16 Branches and Outlets in Ghana.
Job Title:Head Of Risk And Compliance Unit
Supervise, coordinate and control the activities of the unit
Operational Risk And Compliance Risk Management
Coordinate the permanent upkeep of the risk register and risk matrix: identifying, classifying and categorizing risks inherent to the institution as well as associated internal control systems, in collaboration with each Department.
- Evaluate and take the necessary measures to reduce operational risks by strengthening the coherence and integrity of the internal control and risk management system.
- Ensure that employees are sensitized to and aware of operational risk management practices; lead/contribute to training sessions.
- Validate policies and procedures from a risk, control and compliance perspective.
- Follow up on the correct implementation of supervisory controls by branch/head office managers; consolidate and analyze the supervisory control reporting produced by all the institution’s departments, propose corrective solutions.
- Ensure compliance to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to relevant national and international regulations; lead and coordinate anti-money laundering systems and declarations of suspicious activities to the authorities.
- Define and implement dedicated controls on high-risk activities and processes of the institution.
- Review and validate employee access rights and delegations: credit delegations, authorization of certain transactions, access rights to systems.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the business continuity and crisis management policy (BCP) of the institution.
- Assists the branches and operations department in head office in dealing with internal audit recommendations by following up on their effective implementation
Credit Risk Management
- According to the institution’s credit policy, provide an independent opinion on the level of risk of loan applicants meeting specific criteria, to be used by the loan committee members.
- Coordinate the delinquency, exposure and concentration analysis and monitoring of the institution’s credit portfolio.
- Contribute to the definition of delegations and eligibility criteria for members of loan committees.
- Define and implement necessary updates to strengthen the credit risk management system (credit policy, exposure limits, sectorial sheets, etc).
- Participate in the creation/update of policies, procedures and credit methodology.
- Ensure that employees are sensitized and aware of credit risk management practices; lead/contribute to training sessions.
- Regular market studies involving clientele interviews and competition review should also be considered in relation with the Marketing Unit.
- Proposes corrective actions or new initiative that may support the achievement of the objectives in terms of volume and quality of loan portfolio (as well as the deposit collection).
- Develop/update/coordinate the preparation of different reports for General Management and the Risk Management Committee.
- Lead the Risk Management Committee.
- Prepare the different reports for the Board of Directors’ Audit and Risk Committee, and participate in this Committee.
Salary Per Month: Negotiable
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of first degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and relevant professional qualification in e.g. ACCA, CIM, CIB. Familiarity with operational, financial and quality assurance procedures is required. A relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum seven years (7) relevant experience in microfinance or banking of which three (3) should be in a managerial capacity. Good understanding of the compliance function in a microfinance establishment is also required. Specific experience in risk management or internal control roles is desired.
Skills set/ Personal Abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent analytical and mentoring skills. Must have eyes for details with excellent presentation and reporting writing skills. Must appreciate strategic management.
- Team Motivation and Management Skills. Ability to develop employee skills
- Excellent use of excel.
- Meticulous, rigorous, open-minded, autonomous and self-learner. Able to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected]