Advans Ghana Savings and Loans is a rapidly growing International Institution with 19 Branches in Ghana.
Job Title: Recovery Officers x5
Preferred Locations: Ho, Hohoe, Kumasi, Tamale and Accra.
- The Recovery Officer is responsible, under the supervision of the Head of Recovery (HoR) for all the activities of the Unit. He/She assists the Head of Recovery for the development of the Unit and all monies owed to Advans Ghana Savings and Loans
- He/She also assists the Head of Recovery in the implementation of operational policies, procedures, guidelines and work on prevention, detection and correction of risks related to the above-mentioned core activities. Most importantly prevent Advans Ghana from losing more than it has invested.
- He/She will be in charge of a portfolio of Non- Accrual and Written Off loans and work closely with the Credit Officer to recover any amount owed to Advans. Officers will be assigned to a team
Duties and/or Responsibilities
- To meet agreed performance targets and provide quality service with a high level of Customer Care. To develop and operate effective working practices that promotes the smooth running of the Unit.
- To be prepared to visit debtors to prompt payment and personally serve Demand Notices to debtors while adhering to Advans Ghana policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain a working knowledge of policies, procedures and guidance and to work with them. And be able to keep abreast of changes in legislature, national and local trends.
- Must be able to investigate and locate absconded clients and recover any amount due.
- To liaise directly with relevant external agencies, Police, Valuators, Auctioneers, Lawyers.
- To identify risk and prevent fraudulent application by other team members as well as clients. And must be able to give advice on major risk
- issues on the market for implementation.
- To ensure cash collection on payment control is administered in line with Audit requirements.
- To take part in Performance Management reviews with the team leader to ensure that individual targets are achieved to support the aims and objectives contained in the service plan
- To promote and apply the standard and principles of Advans Ghana and manage resources ensuring that the delivery of services continue to be cost effective.
- To undertake other relevant duties that may be required.
Salary Per Month: Negotiable
Required Skills or Experience
- At least an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field and / or other professional qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in Banking/Micro Finance and specifically Debt Recoveries in a financial institution Challenges:
- A poor addressing system which impedes the search for the location of clients and guarantors
- Delay in court processes which tend to affect recoveries of bad debt
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th March 2019