Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar. As at end of December 2020, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,500 staff. The group’s shareholders are EIB, KfW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC. In Ghana, Advans operates since 2008 and serves around 70,000 clients through 20 branches and various channels and around 650 employees.
Job Title: Digital Channels Officer
Do you want to work in an international environment with a focus on developing countries? Do you have a passion for designing and deploying innovative technological solutions in complex business environments? Then Advans has a position for you! In joining the Business Development team as Digital Channels Officer, you will drive the improvement of multi-faceted digital services provided to Advans clientele in Ghana, deploy new services and products. You will streamline existing processes with the help of technology.
The position is a permanent position and is based in Accra
What will your role be?
You will work within the Business Development Unit to:
- In line with the strategic orientations of the Institution, contribute to the definition of the Digital Channels strategy and action plan of all the Alternative Digital Distribution Channels: Mobile Application, Mobile Banking, USSD Banking, Internet Banking, WhatsApp…
- Act as Project Manager for the launch / optimization of any Alternative Distribution Channels, from opportunity study to feasibility study, to implementation, launch and monitoring:
- Implement Digital Channels project methodology aligned to Group guidelines. o Ensure customer needs are considered at the key stages of the project.
- Coordinate various internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales & Distribution, IT, Risk…) and external stakeholders (ex: partners, technical solution providers)
- Monitor project planning and budget
- Support the roll-out of the Digital Channels together with relevant stakeholders and define an implementation plan to support the clients in adopting the new channels.
- Ensure that once launched, the project is monitored along with the existing Digital Channels.
- Analyze performance, issue recommendations/action plans, and report to the top management of the Institution and to Advans Group
- Monitor, analyze data & provide insights on the performance of the Digital Channels, to be shared with key stakeholders in the organization and Group in terms of:
- Active Users, Transactions, Impacts on Deposits and Loans, Technical Performance,
- Quality of customer experience across channels, including underlying processes. o Business performance of Digital Channels (profitability of the business model)
- Set up a market watch: Digital Channel initiatives from Competition, Market Trends, Regulation Identify opportunities in terms of optimization/adjustments / new Digital Channels.
Required Skills or Experience
What kind of profile are we looking for?
- You hold at least a bachelor’s degree, and you are interested in the financial inclusion sector and Advans’ missions.
- You have:
- At least 3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of achievements in the Digital area and Digital Projects
- Strong knowledge of USSD technology, client-facing mobile Application and payment systems, including Mobile Money
- Ability to manage complex project involving various internal stakeholders (top management, Marketing, Operations, IT, Risk, branch management)
- Understand the business drivers and complex market environment.
- Ideally an experience within a financial institution (Traditional Bank, Savings and Loans, microfinance, Fintech…) or in a Digital Agency
- Demonstrate ability to remain customer-focused and innovative.
- Ability to manage negotiations with external stakeholders (business and technical partners)
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken.
- Demonstrate excellent analysis and synthesis skills.
- An experience in managing a small team is appreciated but not mandatory