AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Inspector – Expression of Interest
Ghana – Greater Accra
Due to our strong pipeline of projects we may have an opening for an experienced Cathodic Protection and Electrical & Instrumentation Inspector . The role would be based in Tema, Ghana. We expect to mobilise in August/September 2018.
If you would like to be the first one to hear about this opportunity when it will arise, submit an expression of interest now and let’s stay in touch.
Provides quality assurance function in respect of Cathodic protection, as well as Electrical and Instrumentation installations)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspection of Electrical Installations, ensuring compliance with the design, specifications, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight over the electrical installation ensuring compliance with design and construction specifications, plans and procedures.
- Inspection of Cathodic Protection (CP) Installations, ensuring compliance with the design, specifications, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight over the Cathodic Protection (CP) installations (See
- ) ensuring compliance with design and construction specifications, plans and procedures.
- Inspection of Cathodic Protection Installations, including temporary CP systems, anode beds, TRU’s, NDU’s, test posts, cad welds, zinc ribbon etc.
- Ensure that quality requirements, as defined by the Project Policy, are completely implemented and in such practicable manner that no unnecessary delay may impede the project construction schedule.
- Verify and ensure that the relevant documents are available with the construction crews.
- Ensure that all Quality documents are properly filed for future final documentation hand over to the client.
- Organize the control/ follow-up sheets to be implemented by all Inspectors and give the relevant instructions to the QC specialists and officers.
- Collect, report and study all non-conformance reports (including observations, recommendations, if any) and transmit to Resident Engineer and Civil/Mechanical Works Inspector.
- Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in compliance with all codes, standards, procedures, engineering design and the like.
- Assist the HSES and QA/QC Managers for implementing QA/QC and HSES procedures and plans.
- Document monitoring and reporting regarding all site construction activities.
- Ensure that the Safety and the protection of environment is the first priority.
- Provide the Resident Engineer/Civil Mechanical Inspector with the information he needs during the daily meeting.
- Minimum 5 years experience on similar construction projects.
- Basic Understanding of CP installations.
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- High School Diploma.
- Level 2 qualification from international corrosion protection / electrical institute covering Cathodic Protection