AECOM is seeking a Land Surveyor who will perform duties associated with surveying, which may include direction and preparation of boundary surveys, easements and descriptions. The Works comprises of a major marine project in the Ghana.
Job Title: Marine Surveyor
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
- Recording all measurements, rod readings and calculations neatly and accurately in field books as the work progresses.
- Coordinating with the Contractor’s surveyors on work priorities and schedules.
- Checking all work by completing traverse closures and bench circuits.
- Reporting discrepancies or technical problems.
- Performing joint measurements of the completed work or payment.
- Maintaining equipment in good condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
- Performing record research, construction stakeout, and boundary, topographic, transportation and planning field work & select known survey reference points.
- Determining the precise location of important features in the survey area.
- Researching legal records, look for evidence of previous boundaries, and analyse the data to determine the location of boundary lines.
- Recording the results of surveys and verify accuracy of data.
- Preparing plots, maps, and reports – metes and bounds descriptions.
Specific skills required:
- Strong Construction supervision experiences on expressways projects.
- Well experienced in the construction of interchanges / intersections.
- Ability to utilize modern computer software and survey equipment.
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum)
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or site investigation is an advantage
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage
- Experience working for a foundation contractor is an advantage
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage
- Minimum BSc or BTech in an engineering discipline
- Member of professional organisation.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.