Due to our strong pipeline of projects we may have an opening for an experienced Civil and Mechanical Inspector. The role would be based in Tema, Ghana. We expect to mobilise in August/September 2018.
If you would like to be the first one to hear about this opportunity when it will arise, submit an expression of interest now and let’s stay in touch.
Provides oversight and management of as well performs specific tasks as a quality control function for the Pipeline Works.
Provides assistance to the Resident Engineer
Job Title: Civil and Mechanical Inspector
- Assist the Resident Engineer in leading the Pipeline and Onshore Construction Management Team, including inspectors.
- Establish the site QA management plan with the Resident Engineer including alignment pipeline works project controls to that of the project as a whole, establishment of the rules governing practices in a manner that allows for a quality maintenance process, as well as assiting of the Resident Engineer with project reporting and cost tracking, extra work negotiations, inspector assignments and training and NDE crew assignments in accordance with instructions from Resident Engineer.
- Responsible for specific field inspections (described below
- ) as well as assist the Resident Engineer with co-ordination and supervision of the site QA/QC team and program.
- Assisting with survey crew assignments, project reporting, administrative paperwork, and management of project quality control for all stages of the project.
- Verification of reports and project NDE crews on the Company construction specifications, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Inspection of installation of the Civil and Mechanical works, including setting out, excavations, foundations, civil and concrete works, pipeline alignment, cutting of pipe, block valve installation, support installation and associated works.
- Ensure that quality requirements, as defined by the Project Policy, are completely implemented and in such practicable manner that no unnecessary delay may impede the project construction schedule.
- Ensure that all Quality documents are properly filed for future final documentation hand over to the client.
- Organize the control/ follow-up sheets to be implemented by all Inspectors and give the relevant instructions to the QC specialists and officers.
- Collect, report and study all non-conformance reports (including observations, recommendations, if any) and transmit to the Resident Engineer –Pipelines.
- Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in compliance with all codes, standards, procedures, engineering design and the like.
- Assist the HSES and Inspection team with implementing QA/QC and HSES procedures and plans.
- Document monitoring and reporting regarding all site construction activities.
- Organize the crews under his control, in accordance with Resident Engineer’s instructions.
- Ensure that the Safety and the protection of environment is the first priority.
- Provide the Resident Engineer –Pipelines with the information he needs during the daily meeting.
- Minimum 5 years experience on similar construction projects.
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Construction
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 207650BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.