AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Dredging & Reclamation
The Senior Engineer – Dredging & Reclamation leads the site supervision team administering the contract of the Design-Build contractor for the delivery of the reclamation, ground improvement and dredging.
The Senior Engineer – Dredging & Reclamation develops and supervises a team of supervision staff.
The Senior Engineer – Dredging & Reclamation reports into the Construction Manager who reports to the Project Director who is named as The Engineer in the FIDIC Yellow-Book marine works contract.
The Senior Engineer – Dredging & Reclamation is responsible for project-level reporting, planning, earned value assessments and risk management.
The Senior Engineer – Dredging & Reclamation is responsible for:
- Actively addressing issues as raised by the project team by providing guidance or resolution either personally or through collaboration with quantity surveyors, contracts specialists and HSEQ specialists.
- Providing support and advice to the Construction Manager.
- Liaising with Client team in relation to ongoing project progress, decisions and changes.
- Advising senior management of the status of project progress, decisions and changes.
- Coordinating project needs and service delivery with other discipline leads: project controls, commercial/contracts, HSE and quality.
- Coordinating project needs and service delivery with other projects’ senior engineers.
- Implementing the integrated management system including the Quality Management System.
- Preparation of and verifying the accuracy of periodic (weekly, monthly) and ad hoc reports and project metrics.
- Collaborating with the project controls and commercial teams in assessing impacts of proposed changes of scope, schedule and cost.
- Verifying the accuracy of earned value assessments.
- Participating in project/program risk assessment activities and maintaining a project-level risk register.
- Contributing to the development of tender and contract documents for interfacing works.
- Collaborating with the Design Manager in the review of the Design-Build Contractor’s design of the works.
- Obtaining support from the Quality Manager in implementing the QA/QC procedures
- Collaborating with the Project Controls staff in assessing progress against programme.
- Mentoring subordinate staff.
Specific Skills Required
- High level of proficiency in bathymetric survey techniques, equipment and data analysis and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of dredging equipment and safe operation of floating plant
- This position requires sound problem resolution, judgment, decision-making, troubleshooting skills
- Leadership and negotiation skills to resolve project related issues.
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a senior engineer for dredging and reclamation and ground improvement works.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction site environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership position overseeing CM/CS staff and other personnel on major infrastructure programme during construction phase
- Minimum 12 years of experience in civil infrastructure industry
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the employ of an engineering consulting firm
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage
- Minimum BTech in an engineering discipline
- Member of professional organisation