The Senior Site Engineer – Marine (SSEM) is part of the construction supervision group and focuses on the marine works sector of the programme.
SSEM supervises construction by the Design-Build contractor who is executing the marine works under a FIDIC Yellow Book contract.
SSEM reports to the Engineer’s Representative for Marine Works who reports to The Engineer. If so requested by the Project Director, SSEM may be required to deputise the Marine Works ER during holidays/absences.
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Marine
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SSEMis responsible for:
- Raising concerns to the attention of the Engineer’s Representative
- Participating in progress meetings with contractors
- Supervising the work of the contractor with particular attention to HSE, quality, project progress, progress payments and changes.
- Alerting the Engineer’s Representative of change in project progress, potential changes and the need for decisions.
- Supporting the implementation of the Quality Management System
- Supporting preparation of periodic (weekly, monthly) and ad hoc reports and project metrics.
- Collaborating with the project controls and commercial teams in assessing impacts of proposed changes of scope, schedule and cost.
- Participating in project/program risk assessment activities and reviewing a project-level risk register.
- Collaborating with the Design Manager in the review of the contractor’s design of the works.
- Obtaining support from the Quality Manager in implementing the quality assurance procedures
- Collaborating with the Project Controls staff in assessing progress against programme and earned value.
- Collaborating with and supporting the quality control inspectors in attending the contractor’s requests for inspections. Assign tasks and oversee tasks being carried out by the inspectors/surveyors
- Minimum 10 years of experience on marine works construction sites
- Minimum 10 years of experience in civil infrastructure industry
- Experience in the employ of an engineering consulting firm is an advantage
- Experience in the employ of a construction contractor is an advantage
Specific skills required:
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to implement quality assurance systems in the field
- Ability to recognize worksite hazards
Person Specification (Personality Attributes):
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Certificate in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of concrete technology.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.