The Document Control Lead and Reporting Coordinator plans and coordinates the collation of project information across all disciplines and the preparation of AECOM reporting deliverables to meet internal and external project reporting requirements. Responsible for the development and implementation of project-specific procedures for the storage, retrieval, management and tracking of company documents and supervision of a small team of document controllers.
Job Title: Document Control Lead and Reporting Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, communicating and executing the detailed time schedule for development of monthly project report for internal and external distribution.
- Establishing and communicating reporting processes and templates that enable timely and consistent reporting.
- Engaging with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities in the reporting process.
- Providing training in reporting processes and systems as required.
- Collecting data and information from project disciplines on performance metrics.
- Collecting data and information from PMWeb for inclusion in the monthly report.
- Synthesizing the collected data into the agreed report format.
- Supporting the project controls manager and project director in writing effective narratives to accompany the performance metrics measurements
- Supporting the project controls manager and project director in writing concise, effective explanations of project progress, issues and risks.
- Supporting all disciplines in preparing professional reports for external distribution.
- Providing guidance on communication tools for effective delivery.
- Leading a team of document controllers including participation in hiring, performance assessment, training and mentorship.
- Development and implementation of project-specific procedures for storing, managing, retrieving and tracking company documents.
- Development and Implementation of project-specific procedures for adhering to the project’s document lifecycle procedures including the archiving of records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Liaising with Client (and APMT) on PMWeb issues, priorities and future developments – supporting the Client to ensure PMWeb is utilized effectively on the project.
- Training AECOM project staff and Contractors in correct use of PMWeb and Document Control procedures
- Developing and maintaining PMWeb training material to ensure effective system use by AECOM staff and Contractors.
- Controlling the retrieval of documents by authorised users.
- Developing and maintaining registers and logs for company, Client, consultant and contractor documents.
- Developing and promoting adherence to document management procedures, policies and systems.
- Supporting the staff of other departments in the implementation of document workflows and templates.
- Assisting with quality audits by internal and external auditors.
- Performing document management tasks as needed.
“Due to the volume of applications we cannot reply to every applicant, if you haven’t heard from us in 2 weeks please assume you’ve been unsuccessful.”
- Minimum3 years of experience in preparing professional reports on organisational or project performance including performance metrics measurements
- Minimum5 years of experience in the employ of a professional consulting firm
- Minimum5 years of experience in the employ of an international corporation
- Minimumof 2 years of experience on major (>USD 50 million) construction projects
Specific skills required:
- Ability to prioritize,trouble shoot and managemultipleand complex tasks.
- Ability to plan ,establish and communicate new business processes.
- Strong interpersonal,communication and customer service skills.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong Englishlanguagereading, interpretation, and writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizationaland document managementskills.
- Experience with database management software.
Person Specification (Personality Attributes):
- Verbal and writtencommunicationskills.
- Interpersonalskillsandtheability to workwellwithpeople at all levels.
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization.
- Attention to detail and a well-organized approach to work.
- The ability to prioritize work and to work well under pressure.
- A diplomaticapproachandtheconfidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
- Integrity and discretion when handlingconfidentialinformation.
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.