Posted on :
8 Aug, 2016
8 Aug, 2016
African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Job Title: Senior Program Coordinator – OSGE
The main objective of the Governance, Economic and Financial Management Department (OSGE), created in 2006, is to support the regional member countries (RMCs) in the areas of governance, and economic and financial management. The activities of the Department are guided by the Governance Strategic Framework and Action Plan (GAP II), approved in 2014.
The main objectives of the position is to assist the management and staff of the department in: (i) coordinating the implementation of the department work programme and related assignments; (ii) participating in the preparation of the administrative budget and monitoring of its implementation; (iii) ensuring effective implementation of partnership agreements in collaboration with the Partnership Department.
Duties And Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, and in close collaboration with the Division Managers, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Contribute to the preparation and the monitoring of the Annual & Multi Annual Work Programme of the department in order to optimize the resource utilization;
2. Contribute to the preparation of the Department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensure their consistency with Complex level KPIs and prepare regular status reports and annual activity reports;
3. Keep the portfolio database of the department (active and pipeline projects);
4. Coordinate responses to enquiries concerning OSGE department;
5. Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the quarterly mission schedules and collate related data for reports;
6. Ensure a close follow up of the department’s activities and regularly update work programmes;
7. Represent the department in some of the coordination meetings with other departments of the Bank;
8. Liaise with the Information Management and Methods Department (CIMM), if necessary, for all issues relating to the SAP system and other information technologies; play the role of SAP resource person in the department; provide training to staff of the department in the use of SAP-PS;
9. Keep up to date information for exchange with partnership agencies and institutions such as bilateral donors (DFID, AFD, etc.) and multilateral donors (WB, IMF, UNECA, EU, etc.);
10. Disseminate information and liaise with the Communications and External Relations Department (CERD) and external communication parties as well as manage the website’s content and ensure circulation of a quarterly newsletter;
11. Contribute to the quarterly work program and budget reports;
12. Liaise regularly with other key Departments of the Bank, including front office, budget department, resources mobilization, etc;
13. Supervise the work of the Team and Administrative Assistants of the Department; and
14. Perform any other duty assigned by the department.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Economics, Information Technology, Business Management, Finance or in a related discipline;
2. A minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience, and demonstrated ability to manage and perform multiple tasks efficiently;
3. Good working knowledge of planning, work programmes and budget preparation.
4. Great facilitation, communication and analytical skills; ability to work in teams; resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation;
5. Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); practical knowledge of SAP;
6. Ability to manage project pipeline & portfolio and report periodically on achievements;
7. Capacity to communicate and write effectively in either English or French.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs
The African Development Bank Group does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications).
In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The Bank Group does not accept any liability in respect of any fraudulent use of its name and fraudulent employment offers.