Africa Foresight Group is an African firm based out of Accra, Ghana that connects freelance consultants with high-impact client engagements across the continent on a managed marketplace. At AFG, we aim to build African companies into global champions by offering world-class and locally accessible services. We are excited to work with talented, international leaders with a whole-hearted commitment to contributing to sustainable growth in African economies.
We are looking for a strong and dynamic Payments Officer to join the AFG team in Accra, Ghana. This position targets individuals with 2-4 years of work experience in accounts payable and/or accounts receivable management with a role in a start-up and/or financial services. You are a fit for the role if you have good inter-relationship skills, an eye for details and understand what it means to run a client-servicing organisation. You know how to build structure into your decision-making processes and you share the interest in building a values-based people organisation with a unique culture.
Job Title: Payments officer
- Keeping track of all income, receipts, payments and expenditures, including invoices, payroll, invoices, statements, etc.
- Administering the Firm’s cashflow tracking tool and improving payments processes, especially for international transactions
- Administering and forecasting petty cash
- Paying invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment
- Obtaining revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments
- Collecting revenue by reminding default accounts, notifying customers of insufficient payments, etc.
- Supervision of third-party vendor relationships and re-sourcing of vendors where necessary
- Managing client and supplier communications regarding all payments and receipts
- Maintaining AR and AP ledgers by posting transactions in the software
- Resolving discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting, economics, business administration or a related field;
- At least 2-4 years of work experience in a similar role
- Familiar with IFRS reporting standards
- Solid understanding of basic accounting receivable and accounts payable principles
- Ability to build good relationships with clients, vendors and suppliers
- Ability work as part of a broader team
- Confident communicator, able to generate buy-in from others
- Knowledge of the professional services industry preferred; High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- Creative, flexible and entrepreneurial mindset with the willingness to shape ideas/projects
- Excellent written and oral skills
What we offer
- A vibrant and purpose-driven team culture
- Constant opportunity to learn and grow
- Regular team trainings to advance your skills
- Competitive compensation with attractive variable rewards for good performance
- Health Insurance Coverge
- Flexible work culture that allows you to be at your best
- Fast career pathways for outperformer
Closing Date : 23 May, 2020