Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
The African University College of Communications is a private tertiary institution at Adabraka, Accra, Ghana, for the study and teaching of journalism, communication studies, information technology convergence, business, African Studies, providing opportunities for advanced learning, and practical and professional training for the rapid growth and development of Africa.
The Institute admitted the first batch of Diploma students for its Communication Studies programme in 2002, and was formally accredited as a tertiary institution by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana in 2004.
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
This is a leadership position responsible for planning, organizing, directing/ coordinating, staffing and controlling that will result in the smooth implementation, growth and sustainability of ATUC programmes in Ghana and beyond. As a key external representative of ATUC, the Programme Coordinator shall utilize excellent judgement to develop credible and meaningful relationships with businesses, institutions and/ or the community ensuring strictest confidentiality.
The Programme Coordinator shall demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understands ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensures that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of ATUC.
• Build Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally to achieve the goals of ATUC.
• Communicates Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/ Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of ATUC and to create new opportunities.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipates, understands and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within ATUC’s parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolves problems, and makes decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of ATUC.
• Make Decisions: Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of ATUC.
• Organize: Set priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities.
• Plan: Determines strategies to move ATUC forward, sets goals, creates and implements actions plans, and evaluates the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions and makes recommendations and/ or resolve the problem.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including the following:
• Plans the delivery of all ATUC programmes and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of ATUC.
• Develops new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the institution.
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of all the programmes.
• Develops monthly/ quarterly/ annual budget and operating plan to support the programmes.
• Develops a programme evaluation framework to access the strengths of ATUC programmes and to identify areas for improvement.
• Develops funding proposals for all ATUC programmes to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
• Provides administrative support in the implementation and marketing of all ATUC programmes.
• Secures and provides lecture rooms and/ or conference rooms and logistics for all ATUC programmes and activities
• Ensures that programmes and activities operate within the policies and procedures of ATUC.
• Ensures that programmes and activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
• Develops forms and records to document programmes and activities.
• Oversees the collection and maintenance of records on the students, teaching and non-teaching staff for statistical purposes according to the confidentiality policy of ATUC.
• Collaborates with ATUC Administration in recruiting, interviewing and selecting well-qualified programme staff (both teaching and non-teaching).
• Implements the human resources policies, procedures and practices of ATUC.
• Ensures that personnel files for the programmes and students records are properly maintained and kept confidential.
• Collaborates with ATUC Administration in establishing and implementing a performance management process for all programme staff (teaching and non-teaching).
• Ensures that all programme staff (teaching and non-teaching) receive appropriate orientation to ATUC and its programmes.
• Ensures all staff (teaching and non-teaching) receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with ATUC standards.
• Collaborates with ATUC Management in supervising programmes staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
• Communicates with students and other stakeholders to gain community support for all ATUC programmes and to solicit input to improve the programmes.
• Liaises with ATUC Management Team and other stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
• Coordinates the delivery of services among different programmes and activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Serves as principal liaison between students, teaching and non-teaching staff, faculties, departments, external constituencies, ATUC Governing Board and BONADES GROUP (BG) Management Team on day-to-day programmatic, operational and administrative issues.
• Writes reports on all ATUC programmes for management.
• Ensures that the programmes operate within the approved budget.
• Monitors and seeks approval for all budgeted programme expenditures.
• Monitors cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to Management on a regular basis (weekly/ bi-weekly/ monthly/ bimonthly).
• Manages all project funds in collaboration with Administration according to established accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensures that all financial records for all the programmes are up to date.
• Identifies and evaluates the risks associated with the programmes and activities of ATUC and take appropriate actions to control the risks.
• Monitors the programme activities on a regular basis and conduct an monthly evaluation according to the programme evaluation framework.
• Reports evaluation findings to the Group Administrator and President, and recommends changes to enhance the programmes as appropriate.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Job Requirements
• At least, Degree in related field from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role/ related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to make administrative/ procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/ or special events.
• Clerical, computer proficiency and/ or office skills.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to interact with students, faculties, departments, teaching and non-teaching staff in a team environment.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
• Knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Advanced writing and editorial skills.
• Knowledge in programme management systems.
Salary: Very attractive
How To Apply For The Job
Send a detailed CV with a Cover Letter and Certificate(s) in a mail to:-
The Group Administrator,
P. O. Box CT 5955,
with the job title as the subject of the mail.
For further enquiries, call 0303-969684
Closing Date: 28 November, 2016