Posted on :
14 Jul, 2016
14 Jul, 2016
Africa World Airlines Limited (AWA) is a new Ghanaian registered private-sector company formed with the sole vision of making air travel an option for majority of travelers within the markets in which we operate. Operating domestic flights
Africa World Airlines was incorporated on November 15, 2010 and received its Air Carrier Licence (ACL) from Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) in March 2011.
Africa-World-Airlines-accraThe airline has recently taken delivery 3 (three) new and modern ERJ 145LR jets to commence its domestic and regional operations. The route network is structured to create a hub-and-spoke model centered upon Accra. This will allow a seamless one-change connection between multiple city pairs.
Job Title: Head of Commercial
This is an exciting job opportunity for a candidate at Senior Management Level who wishes to join Africa World Airlines.
The Head, Commercial gives the strategic direction of the company and manages the profile of sales distribution agency set-up GSA selection, revenue management, pricing strategy planning, marketing and other related activities to ensure that integrated commercial success of the airline. The job is in the Head Office, Accra, however, suitable candidates from the West African sub-region are welcome to apply. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Responsible for the commercial strategy and development of the organization in relation to marketing, sales, product development and customer service in order to drive business growth and market share
• Accountable for the customer interface with the service / product ensuring all functions within the organization are aligned to meet all commercial strategic objectives
• Use strategic approach to market and business development thereby maximizing flight revenue and optimizing ancillary revenue opportunities
• Identify new commercial opportunities and be instrumental in route expansion activities including risk analysis
• Promote alliances with other airlines through code share agreements, prorate agreements, etc
• Responsible for the commercial budget to meet the strategic business plan of the company
• Examine demographic information and figures to determine where to focus campaign
• In charge of profitability analysis and justifying decisions before the Company’s board and shareholders
Qualification Required & Experience
• First or second Degree in Marketing or related field
• Must have Senior Management Level experience and a solid track record in return on investment
• Must have a strong background in marketing spanning at least 10 yeas in the airline industry or relevant field
• Must have deep understanding of airline commercial agreements
• Must be familiar with the African Aviation market and passenger route profile
• Must be a self-starter with a proven ability to meet deadlines and accomplish commercial task
• Must be a team-player who is focused on results
• Must possess strong leadership and persuasive abilities
• A background in finance is a plus
• Must be technically competent in airline pricing, revenue management and planning
• Must speak and write English fluently.
• French will be a plus
How To Apply For The Job
Send your application and CV to:
Closing Date: 27 July, 2016